Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?

Go down 
+19
Moon Beam
lep4life
jess4JSS
Stefania
erozario17
satrianivzla
Ceilidh
*~Sherrie~*
Lisl
Ratgirl
Jax
Melissa
JSS
Nath
victoria
rockgirl
Lea
MsMercury
Personne
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:06 am

Stefania wrote:
Hello!!!
Of course I knew Journey before Jeff joined the band and some tunes are just amazing but honestly I cannot qualify myself as a fan... I'm more into hard rock stuff! And especially the bands coming from Sweden!

Stefy,

I've seen them perform live in June 2006 with Steve A, and I can assure you that live they played very hard, even more than Soul Sirkus in 2005 and more than Def Leppard or Whitesnake that I've seen on the same day!

You won't be desappointed live! Very Happy

Personne pirat
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Stefania
Talisman #1 Fan
Stefania

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 am

I hope so man!!!! Otherwise I will ask for the ticket refund!!! Razz

Stefy
Back to top Go down
http://www.talismanworld.com
jess4JSS
jess4JSS

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 8:07 am

I became a JSS fan while watching him perform this past summer with Journey. Def Leppard brought me to the show but JSS kept me coming back! So I am a JSS fan more than I am a Journey fan. I would go see the Wiggles perform if JSS was fronting them!!! jocolor

I do think Journey has some great classic songs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeshud
Lea
Fan
Lea

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 12:15 pm

JSS wrote:
HUGE fan Smile Hello everyone!!! JSS

I know it's a bit late but... HALLOOO Jeff!! Good to see you on here flower
Back to top Go down
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 10:53 pm

jess4JSS wrote:
I would go see the Wiggles perform if JSS was fronting them!!!

Laughing I completely agree!

I did own Journey Greatest Hits and two other Journey CDs before, but don't really know anything from the Steve A. years yet. I am now going and buying all the Journey albums in case JSS decides to resurrect an old song so that I know it. I'm sure long-time Journey fans will find it amusing that the first time I heard Escape or Chain Reaction were out of Jeff's mouth! I have a lot of learning to do!

I have been traveling to see Def Leppard since 1992, but after what I experienced this summer I will be traveling to see JSS as well - with Journey or anyone else. I can't wait for the Cardiff show!

And bring on the Talisman tour!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:03 pm

Stefania wrote:
You can't imagine how proud you made me feel with your words!!!! Thanks for that!!!! Honestly!!!!

Love,
Stefy

No thanks needed!
It's only the truth! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
Moon Beam
Moon Beam

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:17 am

Haylow everyone!(waving)

I'm fairly new to the likes of Sir Soto, it
didn't take long for me to hop on board though.
The man has some firey soul filled pipes.
I have been a huge Journey fan since about 82.
At 36 yrs old I still have my Frontiers tapestry
hanging above my pc in my pewter room.
Looking forward to new tunes from my fave
band, led by a force to be rekoned with!
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:59 am

Hello Moon Beam Very Happy
Yes, he's definately a force to be reckoned with. In my opinion, NO ONE can sing like him. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe that voice. I can't wait for new Journey material! I'm waiting ever so impatiently lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Beaniecree

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: ive always known Journey music and always loved it   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 8:32 am

i have seen them twice live. once with SA at the state fair and Once with JSS this year in Chicago. drunken
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam
Moon Beam

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:59 pm

You know Beaniecree.....
I so love that the younger Lot like you
embrace this band from yesteryear's.
Good music should always be passed down and
enjoyed, it's not always the case with the younger
generations, some only flock to what is hip now
not what was fantastic then.
Good that your mind is open to sounds that are
very different from your generation.
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 1:34 pm

I was a big time Journey fan back in the Perry days...saw them twice on the ROR tour. Once SP left, so did I. I just couldn't handle Augeri's voice.

When I heard that Journey was touring with my all-time favorite band, Def Leppard, I wasn't all that excited because I couldn't stand listening to Augeri. But once JSS joined the tour, I found out more about him....and once I saw him take command of the stage, I was like WOW!!!

Thanks to JSS, I am a renewed Journey fan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
ukjrnyluva

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 am

Hi al
Ive been a big fan of Journey for a good few years now and must admit that until Jeff joined the tour in July i'd not really heard much about him Embarassed so, i done some research on him, checked out his background some vids and music and thought to myself WOW this guys good Very Happy . I'll still always be a huge Steve Augeri fan and follow his career but.... as far as Jeff goes... well what can i say!!!! im hooked I love you this guy is totally amazing (and HOT too!!) and i am so looking forward to seeing him in the uk Very Happy cheers cheers

jo
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 pm

fourt9rkim wrote:
I was a big time Journey fan back in the Perry days...saw them twice on the ROR tour. Once SP left, so did I. I just couldn't handle Augeri's voice.

When I heard that Journey was touring with my all-time favorite band, Def Leppard, I wasn't all that excited because I couldn't stand listening to Augeri. But once JSS joined the tour, I found out more about him....and once I saw him take command of the stage, I was like WOW!!!

Thanks to JSS, I am a renewed Journey fan!

He wowed a lot of us original Journey fans, didn't he? Very Happy
I think all those Journey fans that want to leave the fan scene now are just CRAZY!
Mr. Soto has suuuuch talent and I can't see why people try to deny it. confused
Oh well, their loss!

ukjrnyluva wrote:
Hi al
Ive been a big fan of Journey for a good few years now and must admit that until Jeff joined the tour in July i'd not really heard much about him so, i done some research on him, checked out his background some vids and music and thought to myself WOW this guys good . I'll still always be a huge Steve Augeri fan and follow his career but.... as far as Jeff goes... well what can i say!!!! im hooked this guy is totally amazing (and HOT too!!) and i am so looking forward to seeing him in the uk

jo

HAHAHA
Welcome Jo!
I'm so glad that another Journey fan has found a place for JSS in their heart :]
ESPECIALLY an Augeri fan; what with all the controversy [but we won't go into that Wink]
He is without a doubt AMAZING and yes, easy on the eyes Razz
Let us know how the show went when you see them in the UK!
I want to see pictures and videooos and ALLLL that good stuff!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ukjrnyluva

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 am

Well im taking my camera with me but wether i can take any pics inside the city hall is another thing scratch heres hoping tho Wink

jo
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:30 pm

ukjrnyluva wrote:
Well im taking my camera with me but wether i can take any pics inside the city hall is another thing scratch heres hoping tho Wink

jo

Ohhh man.
I gotcha.
Shoot!
Maybe you can buy those huuuge cowboy hats and stick a video camera inside?
I'm sure no one will suspect you Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
ukjrnyluva

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:50 pm

victoria wrote:
ukjrnyluva wrote:

jo

Ohhh man.
I gotcha.
Shoot!

Now why didnt i think of that lol Actually we were told no cameras when we went to the Edinburgh gig but there was flashes coming from every angle so my camera went click click click too Laughing
jo
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 8:33 pm

I'm really happy to see Augeri fans that I have given Jeff a chance. It's a bold step for someone to come in and replace a lead singer. (Bold for Augeri as well)
Jeff was really nervous about how the fans would accept him and I told him, "Don't worry, your talent will shine through!" I knew if people gave them the chance they would see his talent and just love him. I do believe I told Jeff, "Told ya so!!"
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:22 pm

ukjrnyluva wrote:
victoria wrote:
ukjrnyluva wrote:

jo

Ohhh man.
I gotcha.
Shoot!

Now why didnt i think of that lol Actually we were told no cameras when we went to the Edinburgh gig but there was flashes coming from every angle so my camera went click click click too Laughing
jo

HAHA
To be honest... I don't think the security guards could take the ENTIRE audience. WAYYY too outnumbered Razz If EVERYONE is taking pictures throughout the entire show... they probably just throw their hands up in the air and say, "Screw it!"
Razz

MsMercury wrote:
I'm really happy to see Augeri fans that I have given Jeff a chance. It's a bold step for someone to come in and replace a lead singer. (Bold for Augeri as well)
Jeff was really nervous about how the fans would accept him and I told him, "Don't worry, your talent will shine through!" I knew if people gave them the chance they would see his talent and just love him. I do believe I told Jeff, "Told ya so!!"
Teri

Most definitely. Many die hard Augeri fans were soooo hurt by the "sudden replacement" that they weren't even going to give JSS a chance. Buuuut it's hard to resist that man's voice, talent, and charisma Very Happy

I'm glad you reassured him Teri!
What would we do without ya?!
Wink I love you
Back to top Go down
Kim
Fan
Kim

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:20 am

I have been a HUGE SP/Journey fan since the early 80's. I have seen them live many times. I had actually bought my tickets already for the KC show when they announced that SA would no longer be appearing with them. I have to be honest, I almost didn't buy the tickets because I was thru with what SA was bringing to the table.. To me, I had seen them 3 times with SA and it was a big YAWN.. Then my BF heard that that JSS was taking his place, and she is a HUGE JSS fan, so that brought so much excitement, I could'nt wait to see them! I was so impressed with JSS.. OMG. Journey should have done the change years ago! I am so happy with the sound that JSS brings, and the energy? Unbelievable! I am now a BIGGER fan of JSS' than my BF!
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Kim wrote:
I have been a HUGE SP/Journey fan since the early 80's. I have seen them live many times. I had actually bought my tickets already for the KC show when they announced that SA would no longer be appearing with them. I have to be honest, I almost didn't buy the tickets because I was thru with what SA was bringing to the table.. To me, I had seen them 3 times with SA and it was a big YAWN.. Then my BF heard that that JSS was taking his place, and she is a HUGE JSS fan, so that brought so much excitement, I could'nt wait to see them! I was so impressed with JSS.. OMG. Journey should have done the change years ago! I am so happy with the sound that JSS brings, and the energy? Unbelievable! I am now a BIGGER fan of JSS' than my BF!

HAHAHA!
That's so great!
He definitely does bring a new vibe... a new SPICE to the Journey sound Very Happy
How anyone can resist it... I have NO idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?   Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were you a Journey fan before JSS joined them?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2