Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Jeffrey Scott

Go down 
+3
*~Sherrie~*
lep4life
Personne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:44 am

Did you see that interview in www.journeymusic.com ?

13. Why do you use your middle name instead of just 'Jeff Soto'?

When all of this started for me, I hated my name, in every form. I was going to go with Jeff Scott or something like that but my 1st boss, Yngwie Malmsteen, talked me into keeping it in long form saying it had a 'ring' to it....I think now, I took advice from someone named 'Yngwie' (for those of you who can't pronounce it, it sounds like 'Ing-vay'). My dad named me after 2 of his favorite actors at the time, Jeffrey Hunter & Randolph Scott....could have been worse, 'Randolph Hunter Soto' - yikes!!!

Well I was very happy to learn where the names of Jeffrey Scott came from, espacially from two actors that are both famous for film genre that I love the most: Westerns! cheers

Jeffrey Hunter is well known for his collaboration in two John Ford's masterpiece, The Searchers and Sergeant Rutledge. You've to see them both!!!!

Jeffrey Hunter in the Searchers:
Jeffrey Scott Jeffsear

Randolph Scott his a veteran actor, and in the fifties had done 7 gems with director Budd Boetticher. You've also to see from that collaboration, Comanche Station, The Tall T and Seven Men From Now to name a few...

Jeffrey Scott Ranscott

You know what? I'm more fan of Jeff's father than him now! Laughing Kidding! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 10:41 am

I did not see that interview yet, but thanks for sharing this piece of it! Very interesting.

Glad there is a forum again!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 10:49 am

lep4life wrote:
I did not see that interview yet, but thanks for sharing this piece of it! Very interesting.

Glad there is a forum again!

~Tracy

Hello Tracy! cheers

The full interview for you! Wink

Born November 4, 1965, in Brooklyn, New York, Jeff Scott Soto relocated to the San Fernando Valley in California at a young age. His interest in artists like Queen, Prince and music of Motown led Jeff to pursue a career in music. By the time he reached his mid-30's, he had already spent twenty years splitting his time between recording studios and concert stages around the world. Whether performing before an arena full of thousands of fans, or among peers at an intimate industry event, Soto has earned the respect of everyone within earshot of his voice.

Jeff's first taste of international acclaim came as the vocalist of Swedish guitar sensation Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force. Later, Jeff spearheaded a variety of projects by bands such as Eyes and Talisman, with whom he recorded some of his most dynamic work. In 2001 he received critical acclaim for his vocal work in the Mark Wahlberg / Jennifer Aniston film 'Rock Star'. An impromptu performance with Journey's Neal Schon at the 2004 NAMM show in Los Angeles showed that Soto and Schon had synergy, and led to the formation of Soul SirkUS.

In July of 2006, Journey asked Jeff to step into the spotlight as temporary vocalist for the band. Subsequently, in December, following a massively successful North American tour, Journey announced Jeff Scott Soto as the band's new permanent singer - the ultimate validation of his hard work, talent and perseverance.

Jeff Scott Soto FAQ

1. What is your favorite song to sing live?

I'll Be Alright Without You - it's got an Al Green vibe to it & I LOVE Al! Looking forward to sharing the stage with him in New Orleans.

2. What is the hardest song to sing live?

La Do Da

3. Do you prefer singing live or in the studio. I have always preferred studio recordings, because the vocals are much more relaxed and not fighting to give volume in a concert setting. What are your feelings?

They both have their perks....as you said, studio is about control, creative & experimental singing, live is about the excitement & energy release in singing. Studio work can be tedious & live work can be strenuous...so we have a tie here, they both have they're ups & downs but bottom line, I'm just grateful I can do this for a living so NO complaints!

4. Do you smoke? If so, do you feel it hampers your voice?

NO SMOKING, no way....no weed, no cigarettes, nothing. I do my best to stay away from it just the same. It is harshly brittle on the vocal cords & assist in damage that occurs from natural wear & tear.

5. If you could do a duet with 2 different singers - a man and a woman, who would they be?

Stevie Wonder & Kelly Clarkson

6. What is your favorite STYLE of music to sing?

Soul/Motown...it's far more challenging than rock or pop which is why I like adding those flavors as often as possible.

7. Cherry, Cola, or mixed Icee?

Cola!

8. What's the deal with the weird bowl cut hairdo?

Don't know, haven't seen you yet....send us a pic!

9. Your wife get mad at you for spending so much time on the internet with us freaks"?

No, you all entertain us both equally!

10. Is there any chance of a barber shop quartet with you Steve A, Steve P, and Gregg Rolie?

Only if Ross can sing the bass parts!

11. How do you manage time with your family while you are recording and playing with so many bands? And how many children do you have?

I work very fast, I only commit late night hours (when everyone is asleep) to recording & it helps that most of my vocals on everything I have sung has been done here in my home studio the past 11 years, helps in having more time at home thanks to technology. I have 1 boy from my 1st marriage (he's almost 19) & 3 dogs, whom my wife basically care for better than most care for their children!

12. Boxers or briefs????

Commando!

When all of this started for me, I hated my name, in every form. I was going to go with Jeff Scott or something like that but my 1st boss, Yngwie Malmsteen, talked me into keeping it in long form saying it had a 'ring' to it....I think now, I took advice from someone named 'Yngwie' (for those of you who can't pronounce it, it sounds like 'Ing-vay'). My dad named me after 2 of his favorite actors at the time, Jeffrey Hunter & Randolph Scott....could have been worse, 'Randolph Hunter Soto' - yikes!!!
Back to top Go down
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 10:59 am

Personne wrote:

Thanks! That was quick! Shocked

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am

lep4life wrote:
Personne wrote:

Thanks! That was quick! Shocked

~Tracy

Nobody is the fastest! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Personne wrote:
Did you see that interview in www.journeymusic.com ?

Well I was very happy to learn where the names of Jeffrey Scott came from, espacially from two actors that are both famous for film genre that I love the most: Westerns! cheers

Jeffrey Hunter is well known for his collaboration in two John Ford's masterpiece, The Searchers and Sergeant Rutledge. You've to see them both!!!!

Jeffrey Hunter in the Searchers:
Jeffrey Scott Jeffsear

Randolph Scott his a veteran actor, and in the fifties had done 7 gems with director Budd Boetticher. You've also to see from that collaboration, Comanche Station, The Tall T and Seven Men From Now to name a few...

Jeffrey Scott Ranscott

You know what? I'm more fan of Jeff's father than him now! Laughing Kidding! Wink

Yes, I did read that interview, it was very interesting! I am so glad we have a JSS forum again!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 12:54 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:

Yes, I did read that interview, it was very interesting! I am so glad we have a JSS forum again!! cheers

Hi Sherrie! Glad to have you here with us! Welcome home! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:13 pm

AdminNath wrote:
*~Sherrie~* wrote:

Hi Sherrie! Glad to have you here with us! Welcome home! cheers

Thanks Nath, it feels great to be home again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Sam
Sam

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:53 pm

Great interview!

S..x
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamieborger.com
Lea
Fan
Lea

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 4:00 am

Thanks for that! You learn something new every day Smile
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 4:54 am

Lea wrote:
Thanks for that! You learn something new every day Smile

Have a Nice Day Lea! cheers
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 5:15 am

That is a great interview. It seems Jeff is opening up more lately. I didn't know that about his name. I have a cousin named Jeffery Scott. I'll have to ask my uncle who he named him after.
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 5:20 am

MsMercury wrote:
That is a great interview. It seems Jeff is opening up more lately. I didn't know that about his name. I have a cousin named Jeffery Scott. I'll have to ask my uncle who he named him after.
Teri

I want to know also! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeffrey Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffrey Scott   Jeffrey Scott Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey Scott
Page 1 of 1