Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

JSS Chat Remake

Go down 
+8
RocknRoll
*~Sherrie~*
rockgirl
Melissa
SueinFlorida
Moon Beam
Nath
PuertoRicana
12 posters
AuthorMessage
PuertoRicana
PuertoRicana

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-31

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:10 am

Let's give a helping hand to Nath and the Mods in rebuilding the conversation we've had with JSS.
I'm sure everyone remembers their own questions and JSS's answers.

The good thing in this is that the "new" chat will be dots-free Laughing and of course tramps-free... Twisted Evil

My part was this:
Q:If you were to choose a female singer to do a duet with,who would it be and why?

Jeff answered something along these lines:
JSS:It would be Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilera.I have a lot of respect for their talent,as well as for other female singers...But Kelly Clarkson has more edge to her voice.

Hope this helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks for starting this thread, here's what Gianni sent me:

Q: Hi Jeff, I've been running around too see you live many times (Talisman and SoulSirkus in Italy,your solo gig in LA in August 2005, and Journey in San Diego and Irvine last summer). Any chance of Talisman tour in 2007? Any chance of Journey in Italy, or I have to come to Germany and/or UK??

JSS : So far, I have no idea about future dates with Journey.....
I do hope we get to do an extensive tour through Europe as well Talisman get to rebook our tour... I have to be careful as well on the burn out factor, doing too much can burn me out & then I am only giving lower percentages of what I do to each band, not fair & I wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
Nath
Admin
Nath

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:32 am

Beaniecree also sent me this:

my one question for jeff was any helpful tips from him on how to help me get into the singing career. He told me that i should look up my favorite
singers and find out their favorite singer and research them.
Back to top Go down
Moon Beam
Moon Beam

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-01

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 am

I'll save ya the trouble of posting this Nath Smile .....

Moon Beam asked: When your singing for personal
enjoyment alone, if you still do that.
What flavor of music do you prefer to play with your pipes?

Sir Soto: Motown
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks MoonBeam! Very Happy

Here's the only part of the chat I've managed to save (I've only extracted the Q & A and left the other blahblah Very Happy )

treetopovskaya : allo jss! other then being a musician (and your family) what else are you passionate about? btw thanks so much for being here with us & thank to nath for setting all this up. }:C)

JSS: I love being on the water, like Seadoos, boats, etc., other than that, music in one form or another consumes most of my life..... if I am not touring, I am writing or recording or seeing live music or discovering new stuff as well as revisiting old stuff I've forgotten about.

victoria: Hey Jeff. I just wanted to put a quick thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this for your fans :] My question is do you have any funny/very memorable road stories to share with us?

JSS: one of the memorable nights was singing Rock Of Ages with Def Leppard at the show in Irvine, CA... we haven't had too many funny things happen, it's quite calm & tame with this band, thank God, I enjoy the calm after the storm

Kimterp: Jeff just a quick question from lil ole mod here - did you hurt yourself when you fell at the hollywood bowl?

JSS: Yes, I am still nursing my foot that twisted a bit funny....this was back in Oct & it's JUST getting better now.... playing basketball everyday doesn't help much... I am a glutton for punishment!!!
Bye all, be safe everyone, see u somewhere on the road!
Back to top Go down
SueinFlorida

Number of posts : 2

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 12:14 pm

I asked Jeff what his favorite Journey song was to sing in concert. He answered Chain Reaction and I'll Be Allright Without You.
Back to top Go down
Melissa

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-01-23

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 12:18 pm

I didn't save anything but my question to Jeff was will a full length live Soul Sirkus DVD ever be released, which he replied eventually would but will take time, & Journey is the priority right now of course Very Happy

Never got to see SS live so however long it takes, I'll wait as patiently bounce as I can, lol.
Back to top Go down
rockgirl
Loyal Fan
rockgirl

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-01-06

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:01 pm

My question to Jeff....Now that he is getting the recognition that he deserves here in the states does he think his material with JSS Band and Talisman will be released here in the states.

JSS answered that Frontiers records did release them here but in this day and age we can always get them at iTunes or Amazon. Then he was reminded about www.jeffscottsoto.com where he said "Oops forgot about there, haha."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockgirl777
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 5:28 pm

I asked Jeff which show he was more nervous before, his 1st night w/ Journey or the Hollywood Bowl, he said, actually, neither one.

There was more to it than that but I don't want to misquote him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
RocknRoll

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-21

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 8:12 pm

Thanks guys for putting this togther, problems and all it was all good.

My question was something like: I read you and NS had worked on some music together and had they had a chance to sit down with JC yet?

JSS response definately not exact was: He and NS had worked on some music while he and NS were at NAMM, They hadn't met with JC yet but intended to.

Valerie
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 am

From Nancy:

JSSFAN - I really love I Ain't Yo Man. Was that a project you wanted to release, or was it for fun? And will we ever get to own a copy. And just for fun my three year old, Cheyenne, asked for Soto pajamas for her birthday : )

JSS - That was a project I did for the group Redlist and part of 12 songs we did. It was not released as we missed the mark on that type of sound with other bands White Stripe and The Strokes around. It is one of many unreleased projects I have and in the future if there is a demand they will be part of a Box Set.
Back to top Go down

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:20 am

I don't remember who asked this but someone asked if he gives interviews before a gig
he said most of the time no, he is very unsocial before and after gigs cuz he needs to save his voice. He does everything usually thru the computer.
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:29 am

Kimterp wrote:
I don't remember who asked this but someone asked if he gives interviews before a gig
he said most of the time no, he is very unsocial before and after gigs cuz he needs to save his voice. He does everything usually thru the computer.

When you know the man before and after the gig it seems weird, but i think it is the price to sing in Journey. I can understand that.
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
PuertoRicana
PuertoRicana

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-31

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Kimterp wrote:
I think it was a lady from Canada asking about that...
I also remember JSS saying that Jonathan Cain hooked him up with Steve Perry's former vocal coach and that he has been learning a lot of tips on how to preserve his voice.Not sure if I recall exactly,but JSS said that he didn't have professional vocal training before joining Journey...but maybe I'm wrong.
I wonder who's the vocal coach...Gina Maretta maybe?However,I do remember reading somewhere that Perry's v coach was Judy Davis but she died in 2000something...But Maretta also trained Perry,altho I'm not sure if it was for 15 years.
Maybe Jeff could clear this up... Smile
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:54 pm

He did say he's not had any prefessional training, I remember that.
Back to top Go down
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 12:40 am

*~Sherrie~* wrote:
I asked Jeff which show he was more nervous before, his 1st night w/ Journey or the Hollywood Bowl, he said, actually, neither one.

I actually saved the beginning of the chat with your question in it. I was going to save it all but I figured it would be too long. Doh! The beginning is posted (edited) below:

[16:13:44] JSS : sorry I'm late, my internet is down at the house so I've been driving around looking fr a WiFi to connect to

[16:14:11] JSS : took a bit but I made it

[16:14:45] JSS : Nice turn out today

[16:14:46] @ Nath : Jeff, when you want we start

[16:15:01] JSS : I'm all eyes/ears

[16:15:06] JSS : oops

[16:15:33] @ Nath : ok let's start with Sherrie's question

[16:16:04] @ Nath : Sherrie, your question to Jeff please

[16:16:13] *~Sherrie~* : Hi Jeff, thanks for doing this for us! Which show were you more nervous about, your 1st night w/ Journey or the Hollywood Bowl?

[16:17:11] JSS : Honestly, neither really...

[16:17:25] *~Sherrie~* : really?

[16:17:37] JSS : if I am in full voice, I am usually never nervous, the only time nerves kick in is if I know it could be a rough night

[16:17:59] JSS : the extent of my range predicts my confidence

[16:18:17] JSS : which is why sleep, diet & exercise are so important on the road

[16:18:30] *~Sherrie~* : you sounded great both times I saw you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 12:45 am

OK, so my own question was: I’m wondering if the setlist will be longer and/or different than it was in the U.S. this past summer?

Without quoting exactly, Jeff answered that it would be longer and that they would be changing it for people that see the show repeatedly. He wouldn't give any more specific hints (he actually said that there still had to be some mystery), but mentioned that the setlists from the Florida shows would probably be up on the internet right after the shows.

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
lizwatford
Fan
lizwatford

Number of posts : 70

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:21 am

My tuppence-worth was after lep4life's question, summary was: would JSS be singing any of his solo work during the UK Journey shows? The answer was no (unless you count Send Her My Love), too soon etc etc. I think Marty asked the same qn after me.

Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prettyinscarlett.blogspot.com
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 1:23 pm

lep4life wrote:
*~Sherrie~* wrote:

I actually saved the beginning of the chat with your question in it. I was going to save it all but I figured it would be too long. Doh! The beginning is posted (edited) below:

[16:13:44] JSS : sorry I'm late, my internet is down at the house so I've been driving around looking fr a WiFi to connect to

[16:14:11] JSS : took a bit but I made it

[16:14:45] JSS : Nice turn out today

[16:14:46] @ Nath : Jeff, when you want we start

[16:15:01] JSS : I'm all eyes/ears

[16:15:06] JSS : oops

[16:15:33] @ Nath : ok let's start with Sherrie's question

[16:16:04] @ Nath : Sherrie, your question to Jeff please

[16:16:13] *~Sherrie~* : Hi Jeff, thanks for doing this for us! Which show were you more nervous about, your 1st night w/ Journey or the Hollywood Bowl?

[16:17:11] JSS : Honestly, neither really...

[16:17:25] *~Sherrie~* : really?

[16:17:37] JSS : if I am in full voice, I am usually never nervous, the only time nerves kick in is if I know it could be a rough night

[16:17:59] JSS : the extent of my range predicts my confidence

[16:18:17] JSS : which is why sleep, diet & exercise are so important on the road

[16:18:30] *~Sherrie~* : you sounded great both times I saw you

Thanks Tracy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
giosi
Loyal Fan
giosi

Number of posts : 172

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi guys,

Just stumbled on this...I was the one who asked Jeff if he gives interviews since I am writing an article on him. He said he usually does not due to b/4 show prep of his voice. He also said that it would be easier to conduct an interview via email. I managed to meet him since he answered my email right after that chat!
He is great!
Giosi
Montreal, Canada
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
Sponsored content

JSS Chat Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS Chat Remake   JSS Chat Remake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JSS Chat Remake
Page 1 of 1