Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA

Go down 
+9
giosi
Lisl
Shanat
Personne
Alessandra1
Nath
fourt9rkim
Ratgirl
Blondn6ft
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
erozario17
erozario17

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-08

JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics with us. I was at the same show, didn't even bring my camera Sad bummed about that one, oh well. Great show though, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Blondn6ft
Blondn6ft

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 1:09 am

erozario17 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your pics with us. I was at the same show, didn't even bring my camera Sad bummed about that one, oh well. Great show though, wasn't it?

FANTASTIC show ... loved the venue ... tiny and everything all RIGHT THERE !
Where were you during the show ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.robinsbirdseyeview.com
erozario17
erozario17

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:25 pm

Blondn6ft wrote:
erozario17 wrote:

I loved the venue too, perfect setting. I was between the floor and balcony (above Howie), mainly stayed in the balcony...great view, great sound...all around a GREAT show. cheers bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mistiejourney
mistiejourney

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:41 am

Blondn6ft wrote:
Pickin' out my outfit and getting ready to go!
I am terrible about writing down set lists, so please don't ask me for one.

I called the venue today ... they are NOT allowing cameras.
HOWEVER ... those of you that know me ... well ... I'm sure I will have a camera
tucked somewhere tonight, just not my big one. Smile

I will share the pictures if I am able to take them. It may take a day or two to get them on the computer, but rest assured ... I will share.

I need to dig out some of my others from last year too ...

Well ... gotta get done ...

There were cameras all over that venue! Very Happy My friend got some great ones from right up front! I was surprised no one said a word!
Back to top Go down
http://www.emergiblog.com
mistiejourney
mistiejourney

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:44 am

Blondn6ft wrote:
erozario17 wrote:

Your photos are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My lord, and that was with a BAD camera! LOL!
Great job and thank you for sharing them!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.emergiblog.com
Kim
Fan
Kim

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:28 am

A review:

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/concerts/jeffscottsoto.htm
Jeff Scott Soto
Little Fox Theater, Redwood City, CA
September 25, 2007
By Dan Wall

Set 1: Mysterious, Soul Divine, Color My XTC, 21st Century, Drowning, New Position, Long Train Running, Hey, Stand Up and Shout.

Set 2: If This is the End/Nobody Said It Was Easy/Purple Rain/Goodbye/Send Her My Love, Broken Man, Crazy, Black Tiger*, Mean Streak*, Summertime Girls*, I Want to Take You Higher, Separate Ways.
*with Dave Meniketti

Encore: I’ll Be Waiting, We Will Rock You/I Love Rock and Roll, Play That Funky Music/Jungle Boogie/Brick House/Kung Fu Fighting/Macho Man/Another One Bites the Dust/Stayin’ Alive. 2 hours.

After reviewing a Soul Sirkus show on this site a few years back, I mentioned how happy I was that someone had finally given Jeff Scott Soto a chance to show off his immense talents in this country. Already a big name in Europe and other markets overseas, the one-time singer for Yngwie Malmsteen, Axel Rudi Pell and Talisman had finally moved into the big leagues here in America.

And not long after that, he was brought up to the majors when he took the gig with Journey last summer. Now, everyone who likes classic rock was finding out what his most ardent fans already knew-that Soto was a force to be reckoned with, a great frontman with a voice that can whisper and roar, and possessing a back catalog of songs that rivals almost any other singer-even if you aren’t all that familiar with him.

So why am I writing a review of now ex-Journey singer Soto’s show in an intimate club last week in Redwood City? Well, depending on whom you talk to, he didn’t get along with Jonathan Cain, said the wrong thing to the wrong people about the drummer Dean Castronovo, didn’t mesh with the band’s other songwriters or wanted too much money to front the band. Journey’s loss is certainly our gain, however, as Soto played his first-ever solo show in the Bay Area in front of his most devoted fans-and smoked the place.

The set list was almost like a wish list to those gathered, as most of the crowd was hearing these songs live for the first time. Opening with Talisman’s “Mysterious” got everyone’s attention right away, and he followed that with more Talisman songs, solo highlights, a Soul Sirkus tune, a few well-placed covers and a funky encore of just about every great funk song ever written.

Soto has a great personality, tremendous pipes and is a smooth frontman. His name is always mentioned when talk centers on the most underrated frontmen of the last 20 years, but until last year, only the most die-hard melodic rock fans knew who he was. He was always a great little secret, a guy who made great music alone and with a number of acts that barely sold any records at home, but made him a star elsewhere. That opinion has changed, but not enough to get more than a few hundred fans into a club on a Tuesday night.

That’s too bad for those who couldn’t make it, since this was a fun time out. Soto sounded great, as always, and he brought along a tight, well-rehearsed band that played rock, funk and ballads with equal aplomb. Guitarist Howie Simon is a longtime Soto protégée that can play a simple riff and a ripping Van Halen-like lead with ease. Bassist Gary Schutt and drummer Dave Dzialak were rock solid all night, and everyone sings, which really brings out the best in Soto’s melodic material.

The best song played was ‘Stand Up and Shout,” (you might remember it from Rock Star; it was written by Sammy Hagar) with Soto’s unreal voice hitting the intro and sending chills up and down my spine, but it wasn’t the only one. To let everyone know just what the rest of the Journey boys are missing, he aced both “Send Her My Love” and “Separate Ways,” and “I’ll Be Waiting,” an oldie from the Talisman playbook, was superb as well. Soto brought out Y& T guitarist Dave Meniketti for three of his band’s songs, and that little stunt took things up to a whole-nother-level (for the Mad TV fans in the house).

Whether Soto becomes a star on his own or gets another chance at the big time is really up for debate right now, but if you like melodic rock music, you could do much worse than to search out anything that has this man’s name on it.

First five cd’s to search out by Jeff Scott Soto
Live at the Gods-solo
Lost in the Translation-solo
Talisman 1
Between the Walls-Axel Rudi Pell
Humanimal

And that’s just the start……..
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
nikkib703
nikkib703

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:56 am

Great review, but I have to wonder where he's getting all of this information about Jeff's association with Journey concerning members of the band and money. All of that sounds a little questionable and not like Jeff at all, as he of all people never seemed to be in this business just to make money, but otherwise, it was spot on. When Jeff and they guys played out here in LaPlata, they were nothing short of amazing. Now my husband is a fan, and all of them were so nice. Even got to chat with Rebecca a little bit, and she is just a very sweet person to talk to. I've been having trouble uploading pics on my computer, but as soon as I get it fixed I will post some pics from the show. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA   JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JSS at the Little Fox Theatre / Redwood City, CA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2