Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE

Go down 
+4
MsMercury
Personne
*~Sherrie~*
Nath
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Empty
PostSubject: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 11:15 am

December 19, 2006 -- Jeff Scott Soto has been officially named the new lead singer of Journey. He had been filling in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the U.S. tour with Def Leppard shortly after it began on June 23 due to illness.

"We are so grateful to Steve for all the years he dedicated to Journey," says Journey in a joint statement. "We thank Steve for all his hard work and we wish him only the best in his future endeavors. Over the past few months, we've come to realize that Jeff has proven himself above and beyond that he can sing the hell out of our songs and we're happy to officially welcome him as part of the family. We're excited to start a new chapter with Jeff and we're excited about what the future may bring."

Steve Augeri states: "Singing for Journey these last eight years have been the most challenging and the most rewarding of my career. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the band, and especially the fans, for the privilege of being part of a musical legacy that has touched so many hearts and souls. I wish my fellow bandmates success and happiness as they continue to make great music in the future, as I will strive to do the same myself."

Jeff Soto also adds, "With delight & pleasure, I am accepting the offer to continue my tenure with Journey now as their permanent vocalist after the amazing past months we've spent together on tour. I also pay high respect to Steve Augeri for coming in and helping Journey continue their legacy for nearly the last decade and to Steve Perry for co-creating this legacy. I hope to now add and help drive Journey into the next stage of this band's future."

Since Soto's first appearance with Journey on July 7 in Bristow, VA, his performances have been garnering rave reviews. To wit:

"Right off the bat, Journey's new lead singer is fantastic. Jeff Scott Soto is a supremely talented vocalist who handled with ease the many sky-high notes and the mile-long range in Journey's repertoire. Steve Perry fans have never gotten over the original lead singer's departure from the band, but I'm here to tell you this guy rocks the role. And yes, if you close your eyes he sounds just like Perry, but -- dare I say it? -- maybe even more passionate and full of verve. Hits such as 'I'll Be Alright Without You' and 'Wheel in the Sky' showcased his mighty voice." --Lorilee Craker, Grand Rapids Press

"The one-time Yngwie Malmsteen vocalist channeled (Steve) Perry flawlessly, nailing all the high notes and then some…Soto's got it going on." --Christopher John Treacy, Boston Herald

"Could Soto cut it? Yes. And then some. His vocals and stage presence were impressive." --Dave Ferman, Ft. Worth Star-Telegram

"Soto is a really strong vocalist, so instead of struggling to emulate (Steve) Perry's laser-beam vibrato, he can get away with a style that mixes grainy power with effortless key changes." --Johnny Loftus, Metro Times Detroit

Steve Augeri is currently recording his debut solo album, IN THE MOMENT, due out the summer of 2007. He's also putting the finishing touches on the much-anticipated follow-up to the AOR classic TALL STORIES album, launching early next year. For more info, visit www.steveaugeri.com.

Journey--Neal Schon (guitar), Ross Valory (bass), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Deen Castronovo (drums) and Jeff Scott Soto (vocals)—are currently mapping out plans for 2007.
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 12:57 pm

I'm not really surprised they kept him. When you get a taste of the best, you don't want anything else and Jeff is the best! Very Happy

I am so happy for him and he deserves this and so much more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Nath
Admin
Nath

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Now they're going to work on the new album I guess. Can't wait! bounce
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:16 pm

AdminNath wrote:
Now they're going to work on the new album I guess. Can't wait! bounce

Oh, I know! I can't wait to hear new material from them! It's sure to be amazing! Everything Jeff does is magic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:20 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:

Oh, I know! I can't wait to hear new material from them! It's sure to be amazing! Everything Jeff does is magic! Very Happy

Absolutely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:46 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:
I'm not really surprised they kept him. When you get a taste of the best, you don't want anything else and Jeff is the best! Very Happy

I am so happy for him and he deserves this and so much more!

Hello *~Sherrie~* cheers ,

Yes they have the best! But do they need the best when you see that it takes 6 months to have the confirmation we all know here? Very Happy
When you see how some Journey fans treats JSS without seeing him! Neutral

I think they don't deserve Jeff for a lot of reasons, but I know it's a great deal for him! Very Happy For us? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm

You have a point, they shouldn't judge him with out seeing him. I just wish everyone had an open mind when it comes to change.

I didn't have any expectations of Journey when I went to the first concert, I hadn't heard any of their new material and didn't even know who Steve A. was. I was going to see Def Leppard. But, when Journey came on and Jeff started singing, I stood there with my mouth open in complete awe of him! Very Happy

We'll soon find out if it will be a good deal for us, the fans. I just hope I get the chance to meet Jeff now that he's in a super famous band Neutral
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 7:11 pm

Well, I knew he'd be great for Journey and I got exactly what I expected when I saw the show. I was so exstatic to see him after 4 years. To think that he was nervous about being accepted!
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 11:36 am

Well, this fan accepted him! Very Happy He shouldn't worry about those that don't. I'm just so glad that I discovered him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Hahaha
Amen to that Sherrie. Amen to that.

Yeah it is sad to read and hear long time Journey fans bashing JSS without giving him a chance. Most of them are die hard Steve Perry fans who are completely closed minded to a new frontman no matter what. Like Personne said, many Journey fans do not deserve JSS. It just KILLS me to read all the negative posts about Jeff on the Journey forums.

Sad

Oh well...

Their loss, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 5:11 pm

victoria wrote:
Hahaha
Amen to that Sherrie. Amen to that.

Yeah it is sad to read and hear long time Journey fans bashing JSS without giving him a chance. Most of them are die hard Steve Perry fans who are completely closed minded to a new frontman no matter what. Like Personne said, many Journey fans do not deserve JSS. It just KILLS me to read all the negative posts about Jeff on the Journey forums.

Sad

Oh well...

Their loss, right?

That's why I don't go there, I can't read any Jeff bashing..I just can't! I've heard he takes it pretty well but I don't, it makes me SOOOO MAD! lol

Yes, it is their loss! Very Happy His true fans love him enough to make up for it!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 3:51 am

I wanted to add one thing, as I am also a Journey fan, it's that I like very much both Steve's, they were at there time the best that Journey can have of course!
Now I think that JSS is the right choice for Journey to keep them alive. I don't see a better singer/composer/entertainer than him! Maybe he exist, but I don't see who?
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Quote :
That's why I don't go there, I can't read any Jeff bashing..I just can't! I've heard he takes it pretty well but I don't, it makes me SOOOO MAD! lol

I knowwww. Some of their bashing is just STUPID though. I mean they were talking about how he needs a stylist because he doesn't "dress the part of Journey." Let's just say, if it was physically possible, my head would have done a major 360 like the girl from the exorcist while reading that. But then it became hilarious when Jeff actually WENT on the board and replied that the Journey stylist HAD picked out his clothes. That guy's ego must have been dropped a million points after reading that Laughing

Knowing that JSS actually goes on the forums and reads the negative posts about him, yet still keeps his head high and continues on, gives me an entirely greater perspective of him. I respect him and love him even more for that fact.

As a huge Journey fan even before Jeff came on board, like you said Personne, both Steve's will always have a place in my heart and I won't dismiss them ever. But JSS definitely is the one and only man that cannot only keep the band afloat, but also send them to the top once again.

[Quick question... does JSS read and reply on his OWN forum?]
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 1:00 pm

victoria wrote:

He never did it before when it was the official forum! Now that this forum is Unofficial I don't think he will come! Suspect

Idea Maybe if we bash him a little, he will come? Laughing
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 6:29 pm

HAHAHHAHAHAHA
;pushes Personne;
You go first. You go first.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 2:01 am

victoria wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
;pushes Personne;
You go first. You go first.
Razz

I'll think about it! Cool
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 pm

HAHAHHAA.
I honestly don't think that I could EVER bash Mr. Soto.
I can't even fathom doing so :/

"Loyalty: such a powerful feeling that can lead to such powerful actions for the protection of someone you may never even meet or know" -- Anonymous.

My friend sent that to me awhile back and once I read it, I immediately thought about us JSS fans :]
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm

victoria wrote:
Quote :

I knowwww. Some of their bashing is just STUPID though. I mean they were talking about how he needs a stylist because he doesn't "dress the part of Journey." Let's just say, if it was physically possible, my head would have done a major 360 like the girl from the exorcist while reading that. But then it became hilarious when Jeff actually WENT on the board and replied that the Journey stylist HAD picked out his clothes. That guy's ego must have been dropped a million points after reading that Laughing

Knowing that JSS actually goes on the forums and reads the negative posts about him, yet still keeps his head high and continues on, gives me an entirely greater perspective of him. I respect him and love him even more for that fact.

As a huge Journey fan even before Jeff came on board, like you said Personne, both Steve's will always have a place in my heart and I won't dismiss them ever. But JSS definitely is the one and only man that cannot only keep the band afloat, but also send them to the top once again.

I hear ya. WTH? I see nothing wrong with his clothing style, I thought he looked very nice both times I saw him w/ Journey. I really rather enjoyed looking at him in those tank tops and fitted t-shirts! Wink Some people will never be satisfied and let me tell ya, if Jeff can't satisfy them, NO ONE can! That man is MAGNIFICENT! ELECTRIFYING! and so much more! I LOVED hearing my favorite Journey songs in THAT VOICE! I love you Especially a certain song Wink

I don't see how he can go and read all those horrible comments and not tell all of them where they can go. He handles it much better than me and it's not me they're saying those things about. I wouldn't blame him if he told them off though..lol I'm not sure if my opinion of him can get any higher, it's already sky high Very Happy

Well, I see that Jeff has indeed posted here so I will have to watch what I say...I'd NEVER bash him but I sometimes say things about him that I wouldn't really want him to know I said...hee hee hee Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Who cares about the clothing style? Rolling Eyes The most important is this voice who gives us so much emotion! And personally I would hate that Jeff become a clone of Steve Augeri or someone else from Journey(speaking of the clothes). I can't imagine him with white shoes! lol!
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 pm

LOL! I can't either! I can't imagine him in reddish brown leather pants either, just black ones Wink
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:31 am

Now Sherrie, don't make me imagine Jeff in black leather pants! He's my friend and I try not to think of him that way!
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:37 am

lol!

What do you mean "try" are you saying you sometimes do? I'm just teasing you girl! Very Happy

I hope you're feeling better!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 5:20 am

Rule number 5 girsl! lol!

5. We all agree that Jeff is nice to look at but
please keep the "fangirling" to a minimum. We are here
to discuss his music also. Just don't post new topics
on how hot Jeff is.

I like that rule!!!! Arrow
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:45 pm

HAHHAHAHHA
Sorry Personne.
Sometimes us female JSS fans can't help ourselves Razz
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:54 pm

lol!

I wasn't trying to but if you want me to, I'll go stand in the corner for awhile Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE   PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRESS RELEASE: JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO OFFICIAL NEW LE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next