Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Jeff has departed from Journey

Go down 
+27
sweetlovechild
lizwatford
rockgirl
Carina
Moon Beam
nikkib703
Maura
Eden
Wendy
fourt9rkim
Lea
Sam
Stefania
Ceilidh
uncle heFTy
MsMercury
lep4life
Nath
jeff bon jovi
Personne
giosi
satrianivzla
hardrocklady
*~Sherrie~*
Ratgirl
jrnyval
rustygreen
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rustygreen
rustygreen

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Jeff has departed from Journey Empty
PostSubject: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:37 pm

More information I'm sure will be forthcoming. Word is just getting out so I do not wish to speculate on the reasons for the separation. As a Journey fan I enjoyed the one show I saw him front in Boston. Jeff has some great fans. Keep up the good work you do here and I will visit when I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/owbowagowy

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:21 pm

rustygreen wrote:
More information I'm sure will be forthcoming. Word is just getting out so I do not wish to speculate on the reasons for the separation. As a Journey fan I enjoyed the one show I saw him front in Boston. Jeff has some great fans. Keep up the good work you do here and I will visit when I can.

Thank you - What has happened or is happening - is beyond words.
The fact his profile is off Journeys site before any annoucment is made.. sigh..
Anyway - we are welcoming all JSS fans here. We have his back.
Back to top Go down
rustygreen
rustygreen

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:43 pm

That's just it. You're his fans so you should have his back. Journey fans I'm sure will do the same for thir band. BUT there will always be angry fans. For me I have been a Journey fan since 1979. When Steve Perry and Steve Augeri left I continued to support them. I will support Jeff as well. For whatever reasons this was done, it is between Jeff and the band. The music and the great times are now part of Journey history. Rock and roll has a life of its own. If we always knew the truth behind every artist we may not like them. What is between Journey and Jeff is not personal to me. At the end of the day I just want to hear great music or see a great show. I got that in 1979 and I got that in 2006. I'm sure whatever the future will bring there will be music by Jeff and Journey.
Back to top Go down
jrnyval

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm

WTF??????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.jrnyval.proboards104.com
rustygreen
rustygreen

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:54 pm

jrnyval wrote:
WTF??????????

Are you just finding out Val?
I have to head home. I'll try to get on tonight. I'm sure in no time there will be more news.

Here we go again. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:58 pm

You know.. I'm trying to be optimistic about this but right now it just is NOT going to happen. I am upset beyond words.
I WILL continue to support Jeff no matter what direction he chooses to go as for Journey I can NOT say the same.

I know it's all about the "business". But is there such a thing as loyalty and respect when it comes to Journey? Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Jeff has departed from Journey Anm4d2f0d8ac22695fd
Back to top Go down
rustygreen
rustygreen

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Ratgirl wrote:
You know.. I'm trying to be optimistic about this but right now it just is NOT going to happen. I am upset beyond words.
I WILL continue to support Jeff no matter what direction he chooses to go as for Journey I can NOT say the same.

I know it's all about the "business". But is there such a thing as loyalty and respect when it comes to Journey? Mad

Some people felt the same way about Steve Augeri when he left. Some fans turned their back on Journey and decided that it is Steve Augeri that they just want to support. At that time Jeff fans were happy and Steve fans turned their back on not just the band but Jeff too.

Now Jeff fans are going through the same thing the Perry and Augeri fans went through. Thank God I can always listen to Led Zeppelin. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:08 pm

rustygreen wrote:
Ratgirl wrote:

Some people felt the same way about Steve Augeri when he left. Some fans turned their back on Journey and decided that it is Steve Augeri that they just want to support. At that time Jeff fans were happy and Steve fans turned their back on not just the band but Jeff too.

Now Jeff fans are going through the same thing the Perry and Augeri fans went through. Thank God I can always listen to Led Zeppelin. Wink

I think at this point it is how they are handling it.. You know?
Back to top Go down
rustygreen
rustygreen

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Kimterp wrote:

I think at this point it is how they are handling it.. You know?

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:17 pm

Your right Rusty but considering what Jeff has done for Journey I would figure they would've handled things differently.

Your points are valid. They certainly are not going to lose any sleep losing me as a fan of anything they do here on out.
That's fine.. whatever. I'll just enjoy the past Journey (with Perry).. and JSS.
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm

This is sad news for me as I am a fan of both Jeff's and Journey. But, I will ALWAYS have Jeff's back and support him 150% in whatever he chooses to do!

I am grateful for him being w/ them for the short time that he was, that is how I found out about him.

The show must go on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
hardrocklady
Fan
hardrocklady

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm

pale Not really sure how I feel about this news...If anything, I'll follow JSS wherever he goes. I was probably in the minority group that didn't follow Journey (just liked them and respected them) but because of JSS I became a fan. If they did him wrong - I'm on fire... Smile Don't mess with JSS... Mad

If anything, I'm here to support him and hope we can look at the bright side - he had loyal fans before Journey and now after - he'll have even more. If anything, the opportunity gained him a little bit more WELL DESERVED respect and more people were able to experience what it is to be a JSS fan.

He won't let anyone down - he'll be back! Smile

Love ya Jeff!

Heather I love you
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Press Release: Journey Announces Departure of JSS   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:55 pm

PRESS RELEASE

JOURNEY ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE OF JEFF SCOTT SOTO

June 12, 2007 -- Journey has parted ways with their recently named lead singer Jeff Scott Soto. Jeff’s first appearance with Journey was July 7, 2006 in Bristow, VA. He had been filling in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the tour shortly after it began on June 23 due to illness. Jeff’s last performance was May 12, 2007 in Leesburg, VA.

According to guitarist Neal Schon, “We appreciate all of Jeff’s hard work and we can’t thank him enough for stepping in when Steve Augeri got sick last year. He did a tremendous job for us and we wish him the best. We’ve just decided to go our separate ways, no pun intended. We’re plotting our next move now."

Keyboardist Jonathan Cain continues, “We were lucky to have a friend who was already a Journey fan step in on a moment’s notice during the Def Leppard tour to help us out. Jeff was always the consummate professional and we hope that he remains a friend of the band in the future. We just felt it was time to go in a different direction.”

Journey--Neal Schon (guitar), Ross Valory (bass), Jonathan Cain (keyboards) and Deen Castronovo (drums)—is taking the rest of 2007 off to spend time with their families, write new songs and map out plans for 2008.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marceljacob.com/
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Whatever the circumstances were/are, that won't change the fact that we all love Jeff, as the talented musician he is and as the great person he is. I'm sad, yes, but I will continue to love and support him like I did before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
giosi
Loyal Fan
giosi

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 pm

I am sure I speak for most of the people on this site when I say, WE ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST JEFF's FAMILY OF FANS....I know my dedication is to JEFF and although I am surprised at this news; my loyalty lies with him. I think it is apparent that his appearance with Journey allowed more of his fans to get to know Journey better....but on the realistic side of things JSS fans were JSS fans and not necessarily Journey fans.

Jeff, you know I respect and admire your talent and your human spirit....ROCK ON!!

Hugs
Giosi
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
rustygreen
rustygreen

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Being a true Journey fan I feel for you guys. I would have to say that Steve Augeri was my favorite over the years. Not to take anything away from Perry or Soto. Perry was a voice of gold. Hands down one of the best singers of all time. I think Augeri and Soto would agree. As for JSS he was further apart from the style of Perry and Augeri. Not in a bad way at all. JSS brought an energy that was unmatched every night he hit that stage. He was after all playing with one of his all time favorite bands. He had a voice for rock and rock he did.

However Augeri for me was more like a friend. Very personable. He spoke to you that way. He definitely sang that way. It's not about who is better. All three of these guys can sing and bring something different to the table. We all have favorites but you can't deny the talent. Neal Schon, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen are all great guitarist. All great talent but sometime we like a player better for some reason. I find that the same for Perry, Augeri, and Soto. All great talent.

But let me get back to my story. At the time I was discovering Augeri I became involved with the Internet. I don't need to tell any of you about the friends you meet from all over the world. The friends I met along the way were some of the biggest Augeri fans on the planet. So when the day came that Steve was out of the band I was torn. I was a Journey fan for years and I didn't want to give that up. But Steve Augeri was special. I knew that I would follow his career long after Journey.

Some of my Augeri friends were very unhappy with Journey. Lines were drawn between a lot of fans. Those same lines were drawn in the sand 10 years earlier when Perry Fans and Augeri Fans chose to pick a side.

When it comes to friends I have the best. Those die hard Augeri fans who turned away from Journey knew that I was still a fan of the band but they also knew that Steve Augeri was at the top of my list. They stood by me knowing that I could be a fan of Journey and Steve Augeri.

I'm not sure what lines will be drawn between Soto and Journey fans but my advice to you is to make your own choice. If you want to continue to be a Soto fan then so be it. If Journey still has a place in your heart then that's fine. If you want to support both then don’t feel that you have to choose. I am sure there will be times when I visit here that there may not be kind words for Journey. After all this is a Jeff Scott Soto forum.

I only hope and wish that when I or other Journey fans visit that they can still feel welcomed. This is your board and I will respect it. Take if from someone who has been through this before. When it gets too much, just step away from the computer, turn off the lights and turn up the sound. It’s much better on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 10:24 pm

Ok, of course I'm really upset about this happening like that! Just wanted to say that Jeff saved the day in July 2006 joining Journey during the co headlining with Def Leppard.
I think he needs more respect than when he is in Europe with his all time fans for a Farewell tour, Journey fired him in the back like that!
He just said to us that after the Talisman tour he will concentrate on writing new songs with Journey and do the best to bring back Journey at the top, and it was in Bilbao, a few days ago!
Very classy from Journey!Rolling Eyes
Journey will remain an all time fav band for me, but I think they've done a real big mistake in firing him!
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
jeff bon jovi
Fan
jeff bon jovi

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 10:31 pm

I feel like Heather...Never being a fan of Journey before and I started listening to them and became a fan just because of JSS.I respect,follow and support Jeff in his decisions cause he is so talented that whatever he decides to do,the result is always awesome.
Does this departure means more possibilities of a Talisman reunion Embarassed Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:02 pm

They needed Jeff, they used him and now they're throwing him away. What a way of treating someone who saved their fucking tour!!! Those guys are named Journey!! Fuck them!! (sorry for the F word but I'm really angry!). But the difference is that Jeff doesn't need them, he's got his own talent and we know how huge it is!!

Like some of you, I was not a Journey fan before Jeff joined. And I will never be!!! I'm proud to be a JSS fan and will always be!

We love you Jeff!
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:06 pm

In my case I always love Journey since his 1st LP (I still having at least 10 of their records on LP format), of course that love Steve Perry too and well I can't say nothing bad about Steve Augeri because I never listen any new Journey record since Trial by Fire.

But since I read this news a few hours ago the only thing that I can say is that I never will understand what happens here with J.

I found an Interview that he made for a spanish magazine and everything sounds good with his future on the band, talking about new songs and all the good thing that almost everybody here knows.

I will wait for his formal press release but is clear that all here are with him in the gods and bad moment of his musical and personal things.

All the best for all.
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 pm

How pathetic are the news on the official Journey site! Only a few words for Jeff and 10 pages on The Sopranos!!!Rolling Eyes

http://www.journeymusic.com/index2.html
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
lep4life
Fan
lep4life

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:38 pm

I am just seeing this now and I'm shocked. I've always casually enjoyed Journey, but it was Jeff that really brought their music to life for me. I didn't know about JSS before his stint with Journey so I'm happy that it happened and that I was able to see 8 shows with JSS fronting Journey. Now I look forward to seeing him live with whomever he chooses to perform with in the future. Like a previous post, I'm hoping this also means the "farewell" Talisman tour won't really be a farewell and that I have a chance to see them someday. (U.S. Tour!)

I'm going to wait for a post from Jeff before I decide how to feel about Journey right now and I will try to follow his lead.

Bring on the next JSS projects!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 pm

I can't believe that J saved their last tour and now they only erase it from their website as if 2006 never happens in their career.

What they think about their fans? are we on the moon watching stars and thinking about mars?

J deserved more than they can do for him...
At least we know that J will do his best with any new musical project that he will made in the short future.
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am

I found out not long after I got home from work. I got a phone call and just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I'm just gutted about this considering I spoke to Jeff when it all started and he was so excited as was I. I've been a fan for 5 years now and know Jeff personally so I was very very happy for him and so proud of him. I've never been a HUGE Journey fan but have listened to their music since i was a kid. I'm just very disappointed in the way this has been handled by them. Jeff has class and doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Sad to say but this is how the music business is. Jeff's not the first to have it happen to him nor will he be the last. I used to want to work in the music business really bad but now I'm glad I never got into it because I could never be this cold to people.
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff has departed from Journey   Jeff has departed from Journey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff has departed from Journey
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next