Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Beautiful Mess Bootlegs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IStumbleN
Fan
IStumbleN

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 am

Hello everyone,

I ran across this on Andrew McNiece's site Melodicrock.com. I try to stay away from ebay to keep from spending a fortune, however, I imagine if we run across one of these bootleg CD's we can notify someone such as Uncle Hefty or anyone else in the JSS camp so that the seller can be officially notified. It's amazing what some people will do without conscious.

------------------

Frontiers Records and JSS would finally like to inform that a un-authorized bootleg version of the album has been circulating on the Internet and sold especially on eBay. Fans and distributors can easily spot the difference between the original version and the bootleg because of the different track listing. Frontiers and JSS do NOT support such release, are actively working to stop it and look forward to give the fans a PROPER product, which will also specially priced as regular 1CD set notwithstanding the addition of the bonus DVD.
WebLinks: www.jeffscottsoto.com / www.myspace.com/sewtoe / www.frontiers.it / www.myspace.com/frontiersrecords.

Last edited by IStumbleN on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackblades.org
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 am

I understand that's why they announce today the official CD sheduled for february 2009.
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
IStumbleN
Fan
IStumbleN

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Personne wrote:
I understand that's why they announce today the official CD sheduled for february 2009.

Well that's a good idea. Detour anyone who wants a copy and but don't want to download it. At least they know now when a hardcopy will be available officially.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jackblades.org
uncle heFTy
Tour Manager

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:09 pm

No matter when we release, and despite all the things we do to discourage these vermin who bootleg for profit, they will continue, just like ticket touts or scalpers.

The only way to deter them is to prosecute someone - and if we get a chance to do so we will! So if anyone of you finds any information, or even know one of these slugs, let me know in private, then I will get it dealt with. Its simply taking the future earnings of Jeff (for whom this is a living) and making it uncommercial for companies like Frontiers to stay in business.

Sorry for the rant, but its just not cricket!

TTFN
Uncle H
Back to top Go down
srob1022

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm

uncle heFTy wrote:
No matter when we release, and despite all the things we do to discourage these vermin who bootleg for profit, they will continue, just like ticket touts or scalpers.

The only way to deter them is to prosecute someone - and if we get a chance to do so we will! So if anyone of you finds any information, or even know one of these slugs, let me know in private, then I will get it dealt with. Its simply taking the future earnings of Jeff (for whom this is a living) and making it uncommercial for companies like Frontiers to stay in business.

Sorry for the rant, but its just not cricket!

TTFN
Uncle H

Thanks, Uncle H -
I hate this sort of thing, for the exact reasons you cited. Jeff and those who work for him are entitled to profit from his talent - bootleggers are not!
Would eBay (or has eBay, if already addressed) cooperate in removing said items (Jeff ought to be able to legally challenge their sale by eBay's own policies - they are violating copyright laws, are they not?) and/or cooperate in giving up info on the sellers?

Other than boycotting said bootlegs and warning others everywhere we can not to do business with these poseurs, is there anything his fans can do to help?

I know this is a friendly site, so I want to be careful of how I say it - but this sort of thing really pi$$es me off! It's unfair to Jeff and to those he legitimately does business with!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:30 am

Well said of course, but I think it was a mistake to launch Beautifull Mess whitout the support of a real CD. Things will be repared in 2009 and we'll buy again the new CD.

and Jeff on Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Mess Bootlegs   Beautiful Mess Bootlegs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Mess Bootlegs
Page 1 of 1