Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Journey - Revelation ?????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Journey - Revelation ????? Empty
PostSubject: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:23 am

Very, very disappointed with this new Journey CD. It's like the CD was build in hurry with B'sides found somewhere in the cellar, there is nothing to remember on this Revelation CD. The voice of Arnel is fantastic, yes! but i found a lack of emotion in my opinion.
Ballads are not originals and the best title like Never Walk Away is a pale copy of Believe in Me. To end with a forgetable instrumental (The Journey). Mad
When I eject the CD I was questionning myself and don't understand the 97% of melodicrock.com!! Shocked
So how much for masterpiece like Raised on Radio, Frontiers or Escape that I found far far better??? No hits for example in this Revelation!!! For me it's a very average Journey album. Neutral

But I'm happy to have the live bonus DVD, it's a real pleasure to have 'Mother, Father' with Deen Castronovo's singing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 pm

I've seen the CD in stores. There isn't any way I would ever buy it or listen to it. This band ruined themselves in my eyes. In fact, my behavior is very childish when I see the new CD in stores, I stick it behind other CD's so it's out of sight. Sorry, just makes me angry to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 am

I refuse to buy anything that is post-JSS ever. I won't even buy anything with SA....his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

To me, Journey IS Steve Perry....I was fortunate to see Journey with SP twice during the Raised On Radio tour. I also won backstage passes from the radio....what a joke that was. Friga and Fro were complete pricks....the only band member who interacted with my best friend and I was Randy Jackson! Steve Perry didn't come to the M&G because his family was there (we're only about 30 minutes from his hometown of Hanford), so we didn't get to see him.

JSS simply blew me away when I saw him with Journey in 2006. Arnel just doesn't get it for me, so I will not be buying anything from this point on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:56 pm

Nice squirrel, Kim lol!

I didn't even listen to them when Steve A was w/ them. The only Journey I ever liked was w/ Steve Perry on vocals. Jeff blew me away when he was w/ them and I started listening to the old stuff more. However, I still can't bring myself to listen to the Perry stuff yet, I love Steve Perry, but, I am still angry. I won't say what I think of Neil Schon Rolling Eyes

Randy Jackson cracks me up, he's hilarious!

I've actually not heard the new singer and I don't care to. They were on a talk show one day and I walked in the room and I immediately muted the TV.

I hope to one day be able to listen to the Perry Journey again, have always loved his voice. To me, I feel like I'm not being loyal and if I am anything, I am loyal.

The only Journey I can listen to is w/ Jeff on vocals. geek
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

*~Sherrie~* wrote:
Nice squirrel, Kim lol!

I didn't even listen to them when Steve A was w/ them. The only Journey I ever liked was w/ Steve Perry on vocals. Jeff blew me away when he was w/ them and I started listening to the old stuff more. However, I still can't bring myself to listen to the Perry stuff yet, I love Steve Perry, but, I am still angry. I won't say what I think of Neil Schon Rolling Eyes

Randy Jackson cracks me up, he's hilarious!

I've actually not heard the new singer and I don't care to. They were on a talk show one day and I walked in the room and I immediately muted the TV.

I hope to one day be able to listen to the Perry Journey again, have always loved his voice. To me, I feel like I'm not being loyal and if I am anything, I am loyal.

The only Journey I can listen to is w/ Jeff on vocals. geek

lol! I need to get out to the park soon to visit those pesky, elusive critters! Laughing

I hadn't heard anything with SA until Journey paired up with Lep for the tour in 2006, so I listened to some YouTube clips at the start of the tour....needless to say I was NOT impressed with SA. When I heard that JSS was filling in, I had never heard of him, so I found clips and when I saw STAND UP, I was like WHOA!!! Twisted Evil Seeing him live from the front row at the show I went to left me wanting more, and I was looking forward to hearing some new Journey with Jeff. Frig and Fro took care of that....bastards.

While Arnel is okay....it just won't be Journey to me without either SP or JSS. And I absolutely will NEVER line the pockets of Schon or Cain ever again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:35 pm

I couldn't have even told you who Journey's singer was, I didn't even know they were still touring, not until they went on tour w/ Def Leppard in 2006. I had talked to a few people that said their current singer, Steve A, sounded like Steve Perry. So, when I went to the concert and Jeff walked out and started singing, I was thinking to myself, he doesn't sound like Steve Perry. Then I realized it wasn't this Steve guy singing. Later, after doing a search on You Tube and watching Steve A, I didn't think he sounded like Steve Perry, not at all.
I couldn't agree more, I've told people that those (insert word of choice here) will never get another dime from me. I really hope Jeff got the portion from what was made from my tickets from both shows.

I wish I could tell them (Journey), all that screaming I did during your set, and I did scream a lot, it was ALL for Jeff. He's the one who impressed me. So there! tongue
They had the opportunity to be big again, Jeff was bringing them back and it absolutely was Jeff that was bringing them back. Talk about a bad career choice on their part.

After seeing Jeff perform w/ them, I was very impressed and as soon as I got home, I started looking up info on him, I wanted to know more about him and his music. I have been hooked since my first time ever hearing him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey - Revelation ?????   Journey - Revelation ????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey - Revelation ?????
Page 1 of 1