Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Empty
PostSubject: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:15 am

JSS : After that I have to return to Europe to do a one off album I'll be able to speak more of for Frontiers Records which I will be collaborating with members of Sweden's AOR Gods Eclipse & Work Of Art.

bounce Can't wait to hear that!!!Very Happy

For those who don't know the band Eclipse : http://www.myspace.com/eclipsemania

Two albums already and a third one to come in autumn! Must have for all Talisman/Europe fans!!!

Work of Art : http://www.myspace.com/musicofworkofart
Only one album, but a killer one, between the best Toto had to offer and Signal the band of Mark Free!!!
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 am

News from melodicrock.com:

Erik Martensson (Eclipse) and Robert Sall (Work Of Art) started writing songs together for a - yet un-named - brand new project album that will feature Jeff Scott Soto on all lead vocals. The pair has found an incredible artistic chemistry that is bringing magnificent results. All the songs written so far boast massive riffing and bombastic hooks. One of the top highlights in the Melodic Rock world of 2009 is taking shape, something to look forward to!

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Eden
Fan

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:17 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked ....WHAT!?!

I can't even find words, this is just wild. I mean that bringing those three together is just too good to be true! First time I saw Eclipse was on summer 2005 when I was on Stockholm (they were supporting mr. Soto on a club gig Wink ) and I was really impressed! And WOA hit me totally when I heard their songs on ARFM.

This is definitely something that I haven't even dare to dream but surely be interested of!! So I will be waiting for more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/EdeAOR
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:43 am

Eden wrote:

This is definitely something that I haven't even dare to dream but surely be interested of!! So I will be waiting for more! Very Happy

And imagine a tour with the 3 bands together! Shocked Yes, I'm just dreaming! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 am

http://www.ice-vajal.com/j/interview/jss.htm

Are there any other projects you are involved with? Something you can talk about?

Jss: I have sung for a project to be released later this year called W.E.T. The members of this include members of Work Of Art, Eclipse & Talisman (its where we got the name, the 1st letter of each band name) & the music is pure AOR Heaven! Some of the songs sound like what Journey might have been had we remained working together, their fans & my older fans will love it.

I don't know you, but me, I'm all wet! lol!
Back to top Go down
Stefania
Talisman #1 Fan
Stefania

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Eclipse is a killer band!!! Love these guys!!! Very Happy

Probably something neither Jeff nor the guys in Eclipse know but I helped their manager back then to get in touch with Jeff to propose him Eclipse as opening act in Stockholm!
So, I'm happy that encounter will bring some more fantastic stuff in the future to come!!! cheers

Hugs,
Stefy
Back to top Go down
http://www.talismanworld.com
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 am

I want a tour (European, I guess) with Talisman headlining and Eclipse + Work of Art for supporting acts! Cool
Back to top Go down
Stefania
Talisman #1 Fan
Stefania

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 am

I think our dream could become reality one day Thierry! Smile
Let's keep our fingers crossed! I love you

Stefy
Back to top Go down
http://www.talismanworld.com
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am

Stefania wrote:
I think our dream could become reality one day Thierry! Smile
Let's keep our fingers crossed! I love you

Stefy

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sotoholic
sotoholic

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: W.E.T   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 am

This new project is INCREDIBLE!! After hearing some of the pre-mastered tracks, all I can say is 'hold onto your hats'! This one will BLOW you away!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 am

sotoholic wrote:
This new project is INCREDIBLE!! After hearing some of the pre-mastered tracks, all I can say is 'hold onto your hats'! This one will BLOW you away!! cheers

Oh, you too! The mix between Journey, Talisman, Europe... Can't wait!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:36 am

Personne wrote:
Eden wrote:

And imagine a tour with the 3 bands together! Shocked Yes, I'm just dreaming! Surprised

From the interview posted today by Pam!

http://www.blastmagazine.net/interviews/Jeff%20Scott%20Soto/jeffscottsoto.html

JSS: Well that was the other thing. Talisman is actually reuniting and working on a new album in August and we’re planning a release early next year, so I had an idea of maybe taking these three bands out as a triple bill and at the end of each show, getting members from each band together to do songs from the WET album. We’re all going to be there, so we can do these songs together, but it also gives each individual band a chance to get the exposure for them, too.

It was before marcel's tragedy. Hope to see this tour becoming a sort of tribute to marcel! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 am

Melodicrock interview + track by track with W.E.T

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Frontiers Records will release the highly anticipated, self-titled debut album from W.E.T. on November 6 as a special CD/DVD package.
Featuring the immense talents of singer/songwriter Jeff Scott Soto (Talisman); guitarist/songwriter Erik Martensson (Eclipse) and guitarist/songwriter Robert Sall (Work Of Art), this is the melodic hard rock album you have been waiting for!
(W)ork of art (E)clipse (T)alisman was written and recorded over the last 12 months and features the best elements of the three bands the principle artists have been involved in.
And the guys all feel the same way about this album:

Erik: "In the beginning it was just a project set up by Frontiers but somewhere along the process of making it, it evolved into something greater then the project we had started with. We had a fantastic flow in the song writing and when Jeff recorded his lead vocals it all fell into place."

Jeff: "I'm very excited about the WET project. What a brilliant idea of Frontiers to put the three of us together. I think the album turned even better than we hoped for and I can't wait to see the reactions from the melodic rock fans. I'm really proud of this record and I think a lot of people is gonna 'wet' there pants once they get to hear it!
I knew this was the kind of album a LOT of people wanted me to make so I am quite hopeful it will be amongst one of the biggest things I have done in my career thusfar. I have never heard or felt such a buzz for something I am a part of and I couldn't be more proud with my 'brothers in arms', Erik & Robert, for helping create what shall hopefully become a Classic masterpiece."

And the future seems bright for the trio.

Jeff: "I believe if it does well enough, we would be silly not to take it on the road. Possibly start with a few select dates to get our feet 'wet' then see what time & schedules permit. The thing to remember here is we are of 3 separate & completely different careers that are all currently in motion but in my heart of hearts, I feel this is the beginning of something that will be around for a while, not just a one off!"

Erik: "I would love to go out and play live with this band and I would surely love to make a follow up album for it."

Robert: "If the album does well enough and if our different schedules allow it, I would love to go and play live with WET. And I have pretty good feeling this is not the first and last record from W.E.T.!"

The word masterpiece is tossed around on various occasions, but in this instance there is no doubt what they guys have achieved.

"W.E.T. might just be the perfect balance of power and melody, emotion and attitude. A dream line-up that really delivers their very best. This is a stunner!" – Andrew McNeice (melodicrock.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track By Track with W.E.T.:

Invincible –
Erik: When we wrote this song we instantly knew it was an opening track. Intense, full of guitar riffing. All the ingredients of a classic: melodic, intense and ass kicking! And of course, I couldn't hold myself with the Yngwie inspired end of the solo. After all, Jeff sung with him and I played those records all the time when I was a kid. And man, Jeff can still sing absolutely fantastic! What a voice. When I mixed this album I wanted it to sound modern and punchy. I could have gone for a more classic sound but I wanted to bring something new into the genre.
Jeff: The rocker that sets the pace for our little masterpiece! This one really capitalizes the best of our rock sides which is why it gets things started here.
Robert: A great opening track for this album. To me, it's represents all that WET stands for. Powerful, melodic & passionate! Also, I love Erik's wink to Yngwie during the guitar solo!

One Love –
Erik: The foundation of this song was actually written when we were writing for the latest and greatest Eclipse album. But I think we found it to be a bit too melodic for Eclipse. When I started to write for this album I picked it up again and it couldn't fit an album better, and it turned out amazing. It includes a great guitar solo by Magnus, (as always my friend).
Jeff: Our 1st single & video, this has so many elements of what people would expect of our collaboration, it's the got the monster riffs, great vocal hooks & chorus, great guitars, the whole AOR package.

Brothers In Arms –
Erik: This song was also written for Eclipse but somehow got lost somewhere along the way. When I recorded it, I immediately new that this song had something special. It might be my favourite track of the album.
Jeff: This is the 1st one I chose to sing as Erik was sending me the songs 3 & 4 at a time to get done as he was doing others for me to get ready for. I was immediately drawn to this one 1st so I knocked it out & thought 'this album is gonna be fun!' Really love this one a lot, one of my fave picks on the album!

Comes Down Like Rain –
Erik: I had this idea recorded roughly with an acoustic guitar in my mobile telephone. I had no idea if it was good or bad especially for this genre. I was almost on my way to throw it away when I decided to give it a shoot and I'm glad I did. I played it to my friend Miqael Persson who's a magnificent lyric writer and he just immediately fell in love with the song. Jeff's vocals on this one are just amazing.
Jeff: Definitely one of my choice cuts from the album, our 1st 'slower' track on the album. Also the theme for calling the band W.E.T. since the video portrays the whole rain issue. The song brought a new defining moment just on the video alone we did for it…it fades to a cloud scene then shows a memorandum for my recently departed brother, Marcel Jacob. This is the 'Def Lep' song that got away.

Running From The Heartache –
Erik: Actually the first track that Robert and me wrote together for this album. Robert had an idea for a song when we started, and by the time we were finished it sounded nothing like the one we started with. But it turned out pretty good anyway. Pure AoR from the beginning till the end. Not bad for a first try…
Jeff: This one gives me the vibe of Whitesnake's 'Is This Love' & Talisman's 'Just Between Us', guess W.E.T had to have our own take on that classic sound!
Robert: This was the first song that Erik & I wrote together for the album. A nice mid tempo song with desperate, haunting vibe to it!

I'll Be There –
Erik: This one was written with a smile on our faces all the way. I think we wrote the music and melodies in thirty minutes or so. That's the proof that you're doing something great. It just flows when you're writing. As with almost all songs on this album, Miqael helped us out with a lot of great lyrics and ideas.
Jeff: A badass mid tempo commercial rocker with a burning solo, this one rocks but is has the killer AOR chorus, Erik has me singing in the Heaven's again!
Robert: Together with songs we shot videos for, this is one of my favourites on the album. Like most tunes on this album, it was written really quickly by Erik & me with just two acoustic guitars.

Damage Done –
Erik: This one sticks out a bit from the classic AOR way of writing songs and lyrics. I personally love this song. I think that it's also what is so great about this W.E.T. album. Everything is not always as you expect them to be.
Jeff: This is a tricky one, it's got a progressive vibe but extremely melodic, it's like chewing gum & pleasuring yourself at the same time, haha, that's a quote courtesy of Steve Lukather!
Robert: Again, great W.E.T. sounding song. I think the lyrics (written by Miqael Persson) are what really stand out for me with song. It's nice to have an AOR song with lyrics that isn't about love...for a change!

Put Your Money Where You Mouth Is –
Erik: Just a plain rock song full of attitude. Jeff screams like an aeroplane taking off on this one. Fantastic. This song might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but with a lot of strength you can get the job done anyway!
Jeff: This one always reminded me of a commercial Soul SirkUS vibe, another strong chorus & slamming track. This is our political song lyrically, gotta have at least one, Bono would be proud!

One Day At A Time –
Erik: The first song I wrote for this album. It's the classic power ballad that we all love to hear and make out to. Seriously, Jeff sings fantastic on this one and it was actually a candidate for one of the videos.
Jeff: This could be my favorite song on the album by far. I had a blast singing it but it's an emotional song lyrically, about trying to move on from a long time relationship. A mutha of a chorus on this one, I think this will be a fave for many, a few Perry-isms in there.

Just Go –
Erik: I have been listening to Jeff's singing for years and when I presented this riff to Robert we thought that it was about time that we made him do that again. And kick ass double bass drums by our fantastic drummer Robban Bäck. Ever wondered how Eclipse would sound with Jeff on lead vocals? Like this!
Jeff: This one is by far our heaviest on the album, the sheer rocker that shows we ain't only about commercial AOR! The music has a kinda classic Ozzy vibe but again, very melodic vocal lines.
Robert: The heaviest track on the album. I had a really great time writing this song with Erik since it's been many years since I wrote this kind of heavier songs. This song is really Eclipse-sounding to me but it also reminds me of some of the early Work of Art stuff.

My Everything –
Erik: This one was also written very fast a beautiful summer's day. (Only two guys with no worries in the world could write a song like this). If I'm not mistaken I think that Robert and me had written the song and done a fast demo with vocals of it before we had lunch… I hope that writing music could always be this easy…
Jeff: This one has a very Bad English vibe to it but much higher vocals than you'd ever get from Waite, courtesy of Erik again!
Robert: Also one of the earliest songs that we wrote for the album. I think with song, it was the first time where it really "clicked" between me and Erik as song writing partners. After that, the rest of songs came very easy to us.

If I Fall –
Erik: The epic track of the album. (Besides Brothers) Of course everyone hears where the main influence comes from but it was not intentionally. Magnus from Eclipse actually had the initial idea for this song and it sounded nothing like you-know-who. But we kept on re-writing it and after a while we had this monster of a track that somehow had transformed into an epic you-know-who song. Who cares, I love it!
Jeff: This is as Journey as Journey gets! I went full Perry circa 1986 here, another favorite on the album!!
Robert: Again, one of my favourite tracks on the album. A strong Journey-sounding ballad that really ends this album with style. I LOVE not just only Jeff's Steve Perry-ish vocals but also Magnus' Neal Schon-ish guitar solo.
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:20 am

The good thing is that W.E.T will not be a one shot and maybe we'll be able to see them live! Very Happy With that kind of material it 'll be a shame to not see them live! Cool
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am

So gooooooooooooooddddddddddd
Back to top Go down
http://www.marceljacob.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!   JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JSS + Eclipse + Work of Art project... I'm so excited!!!!
Page 1 of 1