Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Journey Forum is LOCKED out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
uncle heFTy
Tour Manager

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Journey Forum is LOCKED out Empty
PostSubject: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 3:42 am

Andrew McNeice, owner of Melodic Rock .com has locked the Journey forum on the MR.com artists message board.

You can read what is there but cannot reply nor edit any of the posts.

Wow - a pretty kettle of fish eh!

Uncle H
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 5:58 am

It looks like Andrew opened it up again....

"Yet another clean out....but most of it driven by the fact BT is no longer online and the users therefore have nowhere to go but here.

I'd like to have a day off? Is that at all humanly possible? If not I will close tis thing down with no ETA on re-opening. Perhaps wehn BT re-opens, eh?"

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:22 am

I don't think it is ALL BT's fault. There are a lot of regular posters on MR who seem to go off the rails at the weekend. Things descend to personal attacks and eventually Andrew has to do something about it. It's been happening for months and months, with or without BT being online.

Marty
Back to top Go down
http://www.martymoffatt.com
uncle heFTy
Tour Manager

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 am

funny thing is, Marty, that some of the contributors are pretty dashed on the button but it goes downhill in the personal attack stakes.

I have learned to have selective vision and read straight through the garbage to get to the good stuff.

Its indicative of the passion that Journey have created though and the two incidents involving Jeff - his recruitment and his firing - generated so much verbiage that it got too much.

I prefer the well written stuff myself - bit like comparing 'The Sun' to 'The Telegraph' Razz
Uncle H
Back to top Go down
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:41 am

uncle heFTy wrote:

I prefer the well written stuff myself - bit like comparing 'The Sun' to 'The Telegraph' Razz
Uncle H

Nice analogy Frank. But comic books like The Sun do have their place. It's good for entertainment value and it's 'lowest common denominator' approach means it can get to the meat of key issues quickly. But it also has a tendency to make up it's own news (not that I'm suggesting that is the case here but it has been in the past) so you have to regard everything you read with a pinch of salt.

Then again, even the well written sources don't always tell the truth Smile

Marty
Back to top Go down
http://www.martymoffatt.com
nikkib703
nikkib703

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:53 am

It's open now. I just posted a reply on there a couple of minutes ago with no problem at all.
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Poor Andrew does have his hands full there. I know he has one other moderator but i'm not sure if there are more. He needs them if he doesn't have them. That place is crazy. I stayed away for months until the whole Journey firing Jeff debacle. Now it's just the same posts said 2000 different ways so i've stopped reading it again.
I've been on a lot of message boards and that one plus BT are the worst about fighting i've ever seen. You'd think it was a bunch of young kids the way they fight. There is no place in my life for that kind of garbage.
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey Forum is LOCKED out   Journey Forum is LOCKED out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey Forum is LOCKED out
Page 1 of 1