Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

News from MelodicRock

Go down 
+10
Wendy
jess4JSS
MartyMoffatt
MsMercury
victoria
*~Sherrie~*
Ratgirl
giosi
fourt9rkim
FLJrnyGirl
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FLJrnyGirl

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-15

News from MelodicRock Empty
PostSubject: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:02 am

http://www.melodicrock.com/bestof/2006.html

"Journey...yeah, let's get straight to the biggie! You all know that the anticipation and expectation behind a new studio album is going to be huge. In fact, bigger than huge. But we'll have to wait for early 2008 for this I think. First up the band have another idea. This is not yet set in stone, but there is an idea to get together before mid-year and re-record some of the band's classic songs. Yes, you read correctly. 2 new Journey albums in the pipeline if this idea comes to fruition, although at this stage it is not yet guaranteed. As with everything to do with the band's back catalogue of tunes, Steve Perry must first sign off on this idea.
As stated earlier in this feature, the re-recording one's hit songs (especially with a new singer) will trigger debate among fans, but I have heard Jeff record 4 classic Journey tracks in the studio himself and he really sounds fantastic and very much at home, so I have no reason to doubt this record will be amazing and a fresh and interesting alternative to the originals (which obviously will never be replaced or overtaken).
The on to that all-new studio album - the one everyone is waiting for. Will it be released this year? Not if the re-recorded hits album comes together. The new album should be recorded later this year, but will likely be held over for an early 2008 release. We'll know more about this by mid-year."

Even though the re-recording of the classics isn't definite, I think it would be great! Jeff would surely do these songs justice in the studio, knowing what a great job he does live. I'm torn 50/50 whether SP would agree to it though. Opinions?

There's also a GREAT read under "The Biggest Story of 2006."
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:16 am

I hope this comes to light....I would be in line on the first day to buy my copy! With the renewed interest in Journey, I know that I have purchased a couple of older Perry-fronted CD's that I didn't have in my collection, so maybe the sales of older CD's would continue, along with sales of these projected CDs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
giosi
Loyal Fan
giosi

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:27 am

I think the classics will always be what they are "pure Journey". Jeff's voice only cements that feeling. It would be amazing to hear Jeff's voice on CD...I think there has been a new interest in the band since Jeff joined the group on the Journey/Def Leppard tour. He brings about a new energy that even die-hard Journey fans can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bellascript

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:34 am

I think its a great idea - but there will be quite a few journey fans that will pitch a fit!
Back to top Go down
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:51 am

giosi wrote:
I think the classics will always be what they are "pure Journey". Jeff's voice only cements that feeling. It would be amazing to hear Jeff's voice on CD...I think there has been a new interest in the band since Jeff joined the group on the Journey/Def Leppard tour. He brings about a new energy that even die-hard Journey fans can appreciate.

I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:59 am

That is something I've been hoping for, that they will re record some of the older stuff w/ Jeff! I do love to hear my favorite Journey songs sang by THE MAN! Very Happy I'm crossing my fingers this will happen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Kimterp wrote:
I think its a great idea - but there will be quite a few journey fans that will pitch a fit!

I DEFINITELY agree with you there.
I can only IMAGINE how many more bitch threads I will have to read and respond to on BT!
Ughhh.
Once again, it is their loss.
As melodicrock said, the classics will never be forgotten or replaced, buuut JSS does such an AMAAAZING job doing his own 'rendition.'
It is not that JSS changes the song, but rather adds to the passion and emotion that the song already has.

I'm having a hard time thinking that SP will sign off on those tracks though. It seems as though he regards those songs as his children [which he does have rights to in all honesty]... and as much controversy there is between SP and the other members of Journey... hmmm. I don't have a clue how it is going to work out, buuuut I guess we'll just have to bite our nails and wait and see.

This news just added even MORE anxiety about the 2008 release!
AHHHHHH!
And I thought I was going to have a stress-free year Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
FLJrnyGirl

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:50 pm

victoria wrote:
Kimterp wrote:

I can only IMAGINE how many more bitch threads I will have to read and respond to on BT!
Ughhh.

I'm sure a whole new section will be created. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:52 pm

FLJrnyGirl wrote:
victoria wrote:
Kimterp wrote:

Ughhh.

I'm sure a whole new section will be created. lol!

Dont forget how big of a conspiracy it would be. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Here's my thoughts on all of the bitchers and moaners over on the BT board..grow the fuck up and quit whining like a two year old! Put on your big boy or girl panties and deal with it! The world isn't out to get you but I might be if you don't quit tearing Jeff apart! He earned his place in the band b/c he's EXTREMELY talented and he DESERVES it!

Sorry for the foul language, I'm just tired of all the B.S that people over there are saying about Jeff. Those people that are talking shit about him, they aren't even worthy of him! They don't deserve to hear his voice!

Ok, now I have vented and I can turn back into sweet, innocent Sherrie tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:06 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:
Here's my thoughts on all of the bitchers and moaners over on the BT board..grow the fuck up and quit whining like a two year old! Put on your big boy or girl panties and deal with it! The world isn't out to get you but I might be if you don't quit tearing Jeff apart! He earned his place in the band b/c he's EXTREMELY talented and he DESERVES it!

Sorry for the foul language, I'm just tired of all the B.S that people over there are saying about Jeff. Those people that are talking shit about him, they aren't even worthy of him! They don't deserve to hear his voice!

So.. how do you really feel? Wink
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 pm

LMAO Sherrie! I agree with you though. It's amazing at how completely immature grown folks can be. I see it on all kinds of boards though. I don't go to BT often for that reason. I hate reading how rude and nasty people get with each other. Personally, I'd never stand for it if I owned that board. I firmly believe in people being able to state their opinion but there is just no reason to berate each other over it.

I own a yahoo group that is for our annual Breakthru (Queen) convention and i've banned a couple of people for acting that way. I have no problem being a complete bitch of a mod to ones that need it.

I've owned the JSS fans yahoo group since '02 and i've never really had a problem with anyone there.

Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 1:22 am

*~Sherrie~* wrote:

Sherrie, can you point out to me where on BT this is happening? I wasn't aware of any anti-JSS talk there in the past few weeks. Sure, there was a bit in the beginning, as you would expect with any change of personnel in a band (and was true on ALL the Journey messageboards). However I thought that had settled down. Certainly, most people on BT now seem to be very supportive of Jeff, IMO.

Marty
Back to top Go down
http://www.martymoffatt.com
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 3:49 am

Marty, if they have settled down over there, that's a great thing and I'm very happy about that. I've stopped going over there because I couldn't stand to read what some of the people over there were saying about Jeff.

I'm just a little protective of Jeff, if you haven't noticed. Sorry people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 4:24 am

*~Sherrie~* wrote:
Marty, if they have settled down over there, that's a great thing and I'm very happy about that. I've stopped going over there because I couldn't stand to read what some of the people over there were saying about Jeff.

I'm just a little protective of Jeff, if you haven't noticed. Sorry people Very Happy

Highly protective for good reason, I say.
I do see BT getting quite a bit better and more supportive of Jeff, alot of the negative posts have dissipated. But I do honestly believe that IF any re-issues come out of the classics it's definitely going to raise another stink on why this is finally being done now and why it wasnt done when Augeri was on board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:23 am

Hi Marty

I agree that BT has calmed down a bit - the whole board has been quiet actually. There was something written recently in the GENERAL thread. Someone interviewed Neal for the Express and Star newspaper.
It won't be published till march but he put in some snippits, such as

Quote :
Neal and Jeff Scott Soto got together about three weeks back for a couple of days intensive writing, coming up with about 18 ideas. He says there's a more immediate writing chemistry with JSS than with Steve Augeri . . it's more like the spark he had with Steve Perry. There might be some recording sessions later in the year.

I could be wrong, but that comment right there will piss off some of the Steve A. fans. They are very protective of him (as everyone here is of Jeff) and they will perceive it as a slap in the face. I could be wrong though.. but from my experience over there thats what will happen.
Back to top Go down
jess4JSS
jess4JSS

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:29 am

Personally, I am a fan of putting Jeff's "stamp" on the band-How ever they do it is fine by me and I think a greatest hits record is a good idea because Jeff will do it well! (duh? lol!)

I am a big supporter of Journey putting something out in 2007 just to really introduce JSS more formerly to not only Journey but the US in particular. I would love for a new original single to go with the greatest hits CD or BETTER yet a SWEET LIVE DVD that really showcases Jeff's on-stage performance but I'll take what we get!

I think your always going to have JSS hates on BT. Some people just love to complain no matter what you do. IT must really suck to live life so miserable BUT it's nice we are having fun on this forum and we all don't have a bunch of sticks up our arses like some do on BT.

Jess
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeshud
Wendy
Wendy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 9:28 am

Quote :
Neal and Jeff Scott Soto got together about three weeks back for a couple of days intensive writing, coming up with about 18 ideas. He says there's a more immediate writing chemistry with JSS than with Steve Augeri . . it's more like the spark he had with Steve Perry. There might be some recording sessions later in the year.

I could be wrong, but that comment right there will piss off some of the Steve A. fans. They are very protective of him (as everyone here is of Jeff) and they will perceive it as a slap in the face. I could be wrong though.. but from my experience over there thats what will happen.[/quote]

Hi!

I'm pretty sure this is my first post here....but I''ve been reading for awhile. Quite frankly I used to be an avid poster on lots of boards but with everything that has happened in the last few months I got fed up and really backed off. Anyhow - this gives me an opportunity to introduce myself.
I agree with assumption completely - I think this statement will reignite a smoldering flame and bring both the Jeff AND Neal haters right back out of the woodwork. I can understand their disappointment ~ hell I lived it when it became obvious Soul Sirkus was going away. But that's what it was ~ disappointment, not anger. And their displaced anger is getting very tiresome....
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Wendy, nice to have you here!
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Wendy
Wendy

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 12:58 pm

MsMercury wrote:
Hi Wendy, nice to have you here!
Teri

Hi Teri ~ Thanks! Very nice to be here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FLJrnyGirl

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 12:58 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:

I couldn't agree more! They really DO need to get over it! Having read some of Jeff's replies on BT and elsewhere though, he seems to handle it all very well.

One thing that pissed me off beyond belief was the shit Deen was taking over what he said in the interview Andrew did last tour in LA. I'm reading all this crap on BT and just couldn't believe what I was reading! Mad Taking apart, analyzing, and twisting around, every fucking word Deen said! Mad It took every little bit of restraint I had in me, NOT to reply. My ass would have surely been banned!

I don't read there much anymore. It gives me a headache and quite frankly, it's not worth my time.
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Wendy wrote:
Quote :
Quote :

I could be wrong, but that comment right there will piss off some of the Steve A. fans. They are very protective of him (as everyone here is of Jeff) and they will perceive it as a slap in the face. I could be wrong though.. but from my experience over there thats what will happen.

Hi!

I'm pretty sure this is my first post here....but I''ve been reading for awhile. Quite frankly I used to be an avid poster on lots of boards but with everything that has happened in the last few months I got fed up and really backed off. Anyhow - this gives me an opportunity to introduce myself.
I agree with assumption completely - I think this statement will reignite a smoldering flame and bring both the Jeff AND Neal haters right back out of the woodwork. I can understand their disappointment ~ hell I lived it when it became obvious Soul Sirkus was going away. But that's what it was ~ disappointment, not anger. And their displaced anger is getting very tiresome....

Hey Wendy!
Welcomeee cheers

I have to agree with you guys and say that the BT bashing has DEFINITELY turned around. Actually there are many positive JSS movements nowadays Very Happy That is always nice to see!

But with the possible emergence of the Journey classics in Jeff's voice... ahh. I can just feeeel SP fans boiling with anger Rolling Eyes silent pale

Gahh. It's just a waiting game now. Personally, I'm ready for the battle if I get to have material evidence of JSS singing my all time favorite Journey songs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
Wendy
Wendy

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:14 am

Hi Victoria! Thanks for the welcome sunny
Back to top Go down
Kim
Fan
Kim

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:13 am

I am all for Jeff putting his sound to the originals, and I am a big/huge SP fan. I am just glad that Jeff is bring the music back!
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 am

FLJrnyGirl wrote:
*~Sherrie~* wrote:

I couldn't agree more! They really DO need to get over it! Having read some of Jeff's replies on BT and elsewhere though, he seems to handle it all very well.

One thing that pissed me off beyond belief was the shit Deen was taking over what he said in the interview Andrew did last tour in LA. I'm reading all this crap on BT and just couldn't believe what I was reading! Mad Taking apart, analyzing, and twisting around, every fucking word Deen said! Mad It took every little bit of restraint I had in me, NOT to reply. My ass would have surely been banned!

I don't read there much anymore. It gives me a headache and quite frankly, it's not worth my time.

Exactly, it's not worth my time. I have better things to do than read crap like that. Besides, it makes my blood boil in my veins when I see it lol! I've said it in another thread and I'll say it again, it's just best for my peace of mind and for their safety if I don't read that shit tongue

By the way, Welcome Wendy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from MelodicRock   News from MelodicRock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News from MelodicRock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next