Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Empty
PostSubject: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Crashthesystem-thecrowning
Frontiers Records is happy to announce the release of Crash The System's debut album entitled The Crowning on July 3rd in Europe, August 11 in the USA with a Japanese release to follow.
The Crash The System - project came about as a collaboration between song-writer Sören Kronqvist (former Finnish 400 meter hurdle champion and songwriter for Michael Bormann, House of Lords and CC Rock between others) and drummer/producer Daniel Flores (Mind's Eye, The Murder of My Sweet) in the fall of 2008. The duo has known each other for a couple of years and they respect each other's work. Sören and Daniel decided to make a project together with songs they enjoyed writing. “The original plan was to make one song with Daniel and try to get that song out to a band or an artist. And, if it would turn out good we would do more together” explains Sören. “The first song we did was All Because Of You and we both were really happy with how that song turned out. A few record companies also liked the song. We then recorded three more songs and got good response from them as well and that's when Frontiers came into the picture”.
Thanks to Daniel's extensive music background, good reputation, and connections in the music business he managed to bring in some of the top names in Sweden into the project. Guest vocalists on the project are: Göran Edman (Ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, John Norum, Brazen Abbot, etc), Mats Levén (Ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, Infinite Mass, etc), Thomas Vikström (Ex-Talk Of The Town, Candlemass, etc) and Björn Jansson (Ex-Ride The Sky, Tears Of Anger, etc). Appearing on the album are also Johan Niemann (Mind's Eye, The Murder of My Sweet etc), Daniel Palmqvist (The Murder of My Sweet), and Manuel Lewys (Machinery, Elwood, etc) on guitars with additional keyboards by Andreas Lindahl and additional backing vocals by Angelica Rylin (The Murder of My Sweet).
“The sound of Crash The System is a mix of 80's hard rock/metal, modern metal, some symphonic influences and a few hi-tech elements” continues Sören. “I come from a softer side of metal and Daniel comes from the prog side of rock and metal. Crash The System is where we both meet. The "crash of styles" and the added touch of the four fantastic singers Göran Edman, Mats Leven, Thomas Vikström and Björn Jansson as well as the additional musicians gives the sound an interesting character. We wanted to keep it fairly simple with catchy melodies. Just put in the cd in the cd player and rock, not having to listen to the record 20 times to understand it”. Fans of 80's Melodic Hard Rock with influences of modern symphonic metal should not be disappointed with the catchy choruses and great melodies sung by some of the top hard rock singers around. “Hopefully people will like the songs and look forward to the next album and more material from us. We feel that all songs are about equally strong, none of the songs are fillers” concludes Sören.
“The Crowning” final tracklisting includes: Fight Fire With Fire; All Because of You; I Still Believe In Love; Love Is In Your Eyes; Love Is In Your Eyes; Take a Chance; Enough Of Your Lovin'; Mysterious; Angel Of My Heart; Rolling Stone; Don't Tell Me No Lies; Broken Glass; Higher and Higher; Without Chances.
WebLinks: www.myspace.com/crashthesystemproject / www.frontiers.it / www.myspace.com/frontiersrecords.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marceljacob.com/
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:05 am

Good casting, but what I've ear, the production sounds poor. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Maria Sthlm

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Personne wrote:

Interesting... Have you heard the album? I managed to get my hands on the album today and I think it sounds great. (I happen to know a couple of the guys in the project and they were nice enough to get me the album ahead of the release ;-) ) Also, hundreds of people on their myspace page think it sounds great, the record company, good reviews, etc. I guess it is a matter of taste... ;-)

Who did you "ear" this from? I assume it has nothing at all to do with a Swedish guitar player/producer who used to have lots of work for Frontiers, but now the producer of Crash The System, Daniel Flores got those jobs instead (including a top-friend place on Frontier's myspace page). That is probably just a coincidence, right? ;-)

Have a nice day! :-)

Maria
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:41 pm

BTW Welcome Maria We would love to know more about you besides this post.

You have to understand that Frontiers Records have made some mistakes thought the years and what Personne wrote down, shamely is something that you can find in several musical reviews and also we can't hide it.

Besides that is his personnal impression and we are not talking about some1 who receive promo CDs, Personne is a great muscial fan, travel around europe to see their fav bands to see it live and ... have a BIG collection of CDs that he have been buying since a long, long time.

I respect him is he said that "the production sounds poor" can be wrong or not but is his point of view.

But as you said that you know people from Frontiers - here are people who know too - I Can tell you some other things:

One of the most common mistakes is the lack of promo of their minor artists.

I can said that because for years for example with JSS, Talisman and many others artists is real problem to help because they have no banners from his latest records that we can/could use in our sites (I was runing his spanish sites a few years ago and right this moment runs Talismanworld and Marcel Jacob) and normally be in touch with several website around the world and the first thing that they ask is a simple banner or promo picture in high quality.

Why I have to made them (banners)? is there no promotional personel that can help us with that? A promotional campaign is not only said that they can send some promo CD to radio stations and they should know more about that than us.

Another GREAT mistake is that - shamely again - some of their record sound poor, sorry.

Here all we always put news from every records related to JSS that Frontiers has been released since 2002 but we can't hide a reality. Go to read another forums and CD reviews and you can see it with your own eyes.

Want more many people who go to buy their records said always something like: "here comes again Frontiers with another studio stars project", can't add another word to that.

BTW I don't know any person from their staff, never have been received a simple email message or any direct news from any project that they have been released.

I can't tell you more, for example I NEVER have been received a simple promo CD from Frontiers and still today as always is something that I don't need I used to bought my own CD/DVD as Personne and many others that have been sharing his point of view here.

If a record sound bad for any reason is something that you can say here and in any other place that you want. Called bad taste or what ever you want ...

Ok if you know them you can say them that without any problem.

Another thing: We have in our staff a girl who is Goran Edman's webmistress.

Want more?
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 am

Maria Sthlm wrote:
Personne wrote:

Interesting... Have you heard the album? I managed to get my hands on the album today and I think it sounds great. (I happen to know a couple of the guys in the project and they were nice enough to get me the album ahead of the release ;-) ) Also, hundreds of people on their myspace page think it sounds great, the record company, good reviews, etc. I guess it is a matter of taste... ;-)

Who did you "ear" this from? I assume it has nothing at all to do with a Swedish guitar player/producer who used to have lots of work for Frontiers, but now the producer of Crash The System, Daniel Flores got those jobs instead (including a top-friend place on Frontier's myspace page). That is probably just a coincidence, right? ;-)

Maria

First of all, you're much welcome here Maria. Second what I've ear is what myspace offer's me. So, no I've not listened to the entire album. I think I'll purchase it but IMO I found the production relatively low for guys like them. For example I was awaiting for a sound like the first Brazen Abbot for example. I didn't talk about the songs.

Note that I found the last Journey - Revelation CD relatively poor also for a Journey CD.

Maria, I'll listen to it again this afternoon and I come back. Wink
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:52 am

A French review, I swear, it's not me:

http://www.metal-integral.com/chronique.do?chronique_ID=1106

Les titres sont compactes et manquent parfois et pour moi d'aération, reproche que je ferais au mix et ŕ la production. (Daniel FLORES)
L'ensemble reste néanmoins trčs cohérent et suffisamment dynamique. Et le charme agit car les chanteurs sont au rendez-vous et les meilleurs compositions tiennent le haut du panier et délivrent de belles vibrations.

I'll try to translate (thank you reverso):

The titles are compact and sometimes miss and for me of aeration, criticism which I would make for the mix and for the production. (Daniel FLORES)
The album remains nevertheless very coherent and enough dynamics.
And the charm acts because the singers are for the meeting and the best compositions hold the height of the basket and deliver beautiful vibrations.
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am

The titles are compact and sometimes miss and for me of aeration, criticism which I would make for the mix and for the production. (Daniel FLORES)
The album remains nevertheless very coherent and enough dynamics.
And the charm acts because the singers are for the meeting and the best compositions hold the height of the basket and deliver beautiful vibrations.

Personne the guy who wrote that review maybe is not wrong, you can find a lot of CD reviews from Frontiers where more or less say the same. And If you got 1 of their CDs you can feel it, maybe is not exactly a problem about Daniel Flores's work is not good but WTH you purchase a CD with all the emotion and run to your house put on the stereo and hear something that make you think like that and said uppppps !!!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:20 am

Ok I'm listening to CTS on myspace intensely. It's totaly what I like, songs are really good, but there is a little something with the production sorry. We didn't breath when we're listening to CTS. Too much keys, too much guitars and voices in the same time, even when the tempo slows. The famous 'lack of aeration' in the critic, I think it's true, that's exactly what I feel.

I'll buy it for sure, don't worry! Cool
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 am

I'll buy it for sure, don't worry!

Personne you will buy it anyway ... without hear any sample or read any review... just with the pleasure to listen to Leven/Edman.... jajajaja
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

satrianivzla wrote:
I'll buy it for sure, don't worry!

Personne you will buy it anyway ... without hear any sample or read any review... just with the pleasure to listen to Leven/Edman.... jajajaja

Yes of course lol! and also for Thomas Vikström!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Personne wrote:

Yes of course lol! and also for Thomas Vikström!!! Wink

Yes I forgot him.
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Thomas Vikström ....

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman 4873_111448228241_774058241_2890832_2513037_n

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman 4873_111448233241_774058241_2890833_5579817_n
Back to top Go down
Stefania
Talisman #1 Fan
Stefania

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am

Hello and welcome Maria!
Do you know Mr. Edman in person? I think he is one of the best vocalists around and a nice guy too!! Very Happy

Stefy
Back to top Go down
http://www.talismanworld.com
Maria Sthlm

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:48 am

That's cool... I just had a feeling (based on previous topics, comments, etc) that someone in here could be a specific guitarrist/producer from Stockholm who did NOT take part in the CTS project ;-) There is a risk that person potentially could have spread negative criticism for the "wrong" reason. Anyway, I am not a forum person really, extremely rarely in any forums or blogs. Actually it is the last place I look for information. I stick to official web pages, use the telephone or email someone directly in case I need to know something. In forums anyone can hide behind a name and share their "opinion" sometimes honestly, sometimes with bad intentions... ;-)
Real life is calling... need to run...
Just a fan of hard rock and metal, (and I like Crash The System).

Good luck in forum-land everyone! Very Happy

Kisses

Maria

Personne wrote:
Maria Sthlm wrote:
Personne wrote:

Maria

First of all, you're much welcome here Maria. Second what I've ear is what myspace offer's me. So, no I've not listened to the entire album. I think I'll purchase it but IMO I found the production relatively low for guys like them. For example I was awaiting for a sound like the first Brazen Abbot for example. I didn't talk about the songs.

Note that I found the last Journey - Revelation CD relatively poor also for a Journey CD.

Maria, I'll listen to it again this afternoon and I come back. Wink
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 am

I wish to be a guitarrist/producer from Stockholm ... but I can't be able to play guitars ... maybe then I can only wish to be executive producer jajajajaja but I am not living there.
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 am

Basicly he said that guitars are so low
"Mysterious" best theme from The Crowning and Göran Edman
"All Because Of You" best from Mats Levén
Thomas Vikström is the winner in the overall of the point of view of Jorge del Amo Mazarío. "Still I Believe In Love" is a classic old AOR with good taste.
Björn Jansson the great lost just because sang in 2 tracks, sound to him as Bryan Adams

He said that maybe Frontiers made a great job in this album but should be consider to make an album mixed AOR with Prog, to suit better with the Thomas and Björn's voices

Más que interesante una de la últimas apuestas del sello italiano Frontiers Records, un proyecto totalmente novedoso de esos que tanto parece que gustan últimamente con varios vocalistas, entre los que se encuentran cuatro de las mejores voces suecas actuales y de los últimos ańos, como son Göran Edman (ex-YNGWIE), Thomas Vikström (ex-CANDLEMASS, THERION, 7 DAYS…), Mats Levén (ex-YNGWIE, ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA, ex-THERION, ex-THREAT…) y Björn Jansson (ex. RIDE THE SKY, BEYOND TWILIGHT).

La cosa nace de Sören Kronqvist, quien se ha encargado de las teclas, bajo y guitarras, y cómo no de Daniel Flores (MIND'S I), el omnipresente batería sueco/chileno que esta vez, además de las composiciones, como Sören, ha grabado batería, bajo, guitarras, teclado, coros, vamos, un paso adelante para el multi-instrumentista, que no deja de evolucionar como músico, esta vez lejos de las tesituras progresivas a las que nos tiene acostumbrados, pues no en vano es a buen seguro una de las figuras del género a nivel europeo, como demuestra en MIND'S I o en cualquiera de los proyectos que nos lleva regalando desde hace tiempo, unos mejores y otros peores, claro está.

En esta ocasión, puede decirse que la cosa cambia bastante, puesto que estamos ante un lanzamiento de AOR/ rock melódico al más puro estilo Frontiers, algo esperado por el sello que lo edita pero inesperado al mismo tiempo, porque algunos vocalistas como Thomas o Björn no están acostumbrados al género y quizás hubiese sido más loable el aprovechar las variopintas voces de cada uno para darle variedad al género y, como digo, explotar de manera óptima las posibilidades de cada vocalista en vez de adaptar la interpretación de cada uno al género, que es lo que se ha hecho, arrojando un resultado a pesar de todo bastante bueno e incluso con sorpresas, como es por ejemplo la interpretación de un Thomas Vikström que lo borda en un registro que no suele ser el suyo y con un ‘feeling’ extraordinario.

En lo musical, es un disco claramente enfocado hacia las cuatro voces que lo protagonizan y también hacia los teclados, muy del rollo FM, quedando las guitarras en un clarísimo segundo plano, casi como meras acompańantes y para que se le pueda llamar al conjunto ‘rock’ al conjunto, porque lo cierto es que no tienen más protagonismo que el bajo, por ejemplo.

Luego en lo compositivo, sorprende ver la calidad de los temas en líneas generales, plagados de melodías "pastelosas", muy buenas voces, canciones coreables y temas casi siempre basados en el amor, vamos, un pastel de disco, muy bien hecho, y que disfrutarás como un enano si te gustan este tipo de bandas y la variedad vocal que encontrarás en él.

Dividiendo un poco el disco por vocalistas, el trabajo de Göran Edman es poco menos que intachable, y se muestra como un seguro de vida alardeando de veteranía y de sobriedad vocal. "Fight Fire With Fire" es un gran inicio para el disco, un tema de corte muy clásico, con teclados muy recargados, estribillo fácil, grandes voces y mucho sentimiento. "Love Is In Your Eyes" por su parte, es seguramente el tema más empalagoso de todo el disco, aunque la afinación de Göran en el estribillo (relamido hasta para mi gusto) es excelente y la interpretación del tema realmente buena. "Mysterious" es para mi gusto de lo mejor de "The Crowning" y de largo el mejor tema que canta Göran Edman. Precioso estribillo, preciosas melodías y sobria y efectiva interpretación, en un tema que sabe casi a clásico, con arreglos muy interesantes y una línea de bajo muy marcada y sencilla. El aporte de Edman termina con "Broken Glass" , otra perla con muchísimo teclado (aquí me recuerdan un poco a SHY), muy buenas estrofas y un estribillo algo más flojo.

La voz de Mats Levén, de quien por cierto me considero fan confeso, se me hace correcta simplemente, bastante desaprovechada obviamente al ser un disco basado en las melodías vocales más que en el alarde, vamos, que cuaja una buena interpretación pero bastante por debajo de sus posibilidades, no habiendo tenido además suerte con el reparto de temas. "All Because Of You" es el que más me ha convencido de todos ellos. Un Mats muy reconocible, con una voz impresionante y con espacio incluso para algún que otro registro alto y todo sin perder el ‘feeling’ del tema que también es de lo mejor del disco. "Take A Chance" sería su segundo tema en aparecer, y lo cierto es que no me ha llamado excesivamente la atención.

La parte de Thomas Vikström, como adelantaba en párrafos anteriores, me ha resultado la más satisfactoria de todo el disco. De hecho, "Still I Believe In Love" tiene esa magia y ese "regustillo" clásico del AOR ańejo y bien hecho, uno de los mejores temas de todo el disco bordado en las voces, plagado de arreglos, y que también es justo reconocer que tampoco es de los más exigentes en lo que a la voz se refiere, aunque ni falta que hace.

"Enough Of Your Lovin’" no baja el nivel. El preciosismo y la delicadeza en los teclados hecha canción, muy buen tema y muy buena y sobria interpretación de Thomas, con otro estribillo pegadizo marca de la casa. "Angel Of My Heart" suena más a tema ochentero, con un protagonismo al menos al principio parejo entre guitarras y teclados, con otro estribillo facilón pero efectivo. "Don’t Tell Me No Lies" y "Higher And Higher" son más de lo mismo, otros dos buenísimos temas plagados de teclados y ‘feeling’ en estrofas y estribillos pegajosos, con una líneas vocales como decía muy melódicas siempre y sin alarde alguno.

Por último, es una verdadera pena que Björn Jansson solo cante dos temas, pues su voz en tesituras tan melódicas me ha encantado y casi me recuerda un poco a Bryan Adams. "Rolling Stone" tiene teclados a lo "Is This Love" y unas estrofas delicadísimas que parecen conducirte sin que puedas evitarlo hacia un muy buen estribillo, donde Björn demuestra ir más que sobrado. Ya para terminaR, "Without Chances" cierra el disco con un tema que me recuerda muchísimo desde su mismo inicio a ALLEN/ LANDE, con unos teclados todavía más sobresalientes y una interpretación más lucida, aunque el tema en sí me ha gustado menos que el otro.

Muy buen disco de AOR/ rock melódico en definidas cuentas, con cuatro grandes vocalistas de registros dispares todos moviéndose dentro de un mismo género, con suertes dispares en lo que a la calidad de los temas se refiere (en general están bastante bien) y en definitiva un trabajo tan curioso como interesante, sin florituras, para pasar simplemente un buen rato y que te encantará si eres seguidor del género.

Jorge del Amo Mazarío (jorge_del_amo@rafabasa.com)

Lista de temas":

01. Fight Fire With Fire (Voz: Göran Edman)
02. All Because Of You (Voz: Mats Levén)
03. I Still Believe In Love (Voz: Thomas Vikström)
04. Love Is In Your Eyes (Voz: Göran Edman)
05. Take A Chance (Voz: Mats Levén)
06. Enough Of Your Lovin’ (Voz: Thomas Vikström)
07. Mysterious (Voz: Göran Edman)
08. Angel Of My Heart (Voz: Thomas Vikström)
09. Rolling Stone (Voz: Björn Jansson)
10. Don't Tell Me No Lies (Voz: Thomas Vikström)
11. Broken Glass (Voz: Göran Edman)
12. Higher And Higher (Voz: Thomas Vikström)
13. Without Chances (Voz: Björn Jansson)
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 am

A very good review...from France.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=432007639&blogId=505635521
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 am

Melodicrock review 80%

There are some very strong tracks here – catchy, melodic and exactly what fans of European classic AOR love. And I think the album, generally speaking, has been put together with great care. There are just a few songs that don't quite match the power of others and some areas in the production that could have used being tightened up. For those reasons, it drops from a 'must buy', to a 'well worth checking out'.

http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews/reviews.html
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am

Thomas Vikström sounds great on it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman   Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash The System's The Crowning with Göran Edman
Page 1 of 1