Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov Empty
PostSubject: JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov   JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 am

Maybe the band were over their jetlag from the Weekend, maybe they’d had more of a chance to practice their setlist, maybe the later start (9.30 on stage but no curfew) meant they were more relaxed, maybe they were just happier with the sound – whatever the reason, Dudley last night provided a better overall performance from the band than Sheffield on Saturday. That’s not to say Sheffield was bad, but the guys seemed more ‘together’ and the quality of their music shone through better at the Dudley show. The sound was by no means perfect (it never is at JB’s) but considerably better that at The Corporation. During the ballads with Jeff on the keyboards, you could actually hear Jeff sing, and they all sounded superb.

The setlist was pretty much the same as on Saturday (I think. I was busy taking pictures and not taking note of the songs). A few Talisman numbers, some JSSB material, a few brand new songs (‘21st Century’, ‘Hey’, ‘Broken Man’ and ‘Gin and Tonic Sky’?), some covers, and lots and lots of improvisation.

The crowd was not as big – maybe a couple of hundred – although not bad for a Monday evening, but the atmosphere was good and they really got into the latter half of the set. Howie’s solo efforts were excellent and brought chants of ‘Howie, Howie!’

Jeff then said ‘With this song I want to take you back to a time when everybody wore cheesy outfits and had ridiculously f*****d up hair’. While visions of the fashion disasters of the 70’s and 80’s flashed through our minds and we waited for the trademark disco medley, the band suddenly launched into Journey’s Separate Ways. LOL Way to go, Jeff!

The Funk medley finish brought the house down – full of energy, and the guys looked like they were having a ball.

The show lasted for around an hour and 45 minutes, but that passed by in a flash (always a good sign).

Afterwards, again the guys came out to meet all the fans waiting to see them. Unfortunately, we only had time for a very quick goodbye as we had a long drive home and had to be up early for work today.

Looking forward to seeing them again in Islington on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martymoffatt.com
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov   JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks for the report Marty! Smile

Here's one from my friend Al, ex-bassist of the band "7 dayz"

"Crimes of Passion supported the JSSB on the 26th, they were actually pretty good although the band looked a little disjointed.

The JSSB set list was:
MYSTERIOUS
SOUL DEVINE
21st CENTURY
Followed by a drum solo then
STAND UP
NEW POSITION
COLOUR MY XTC
BROKEN MAN
LOnG TRAIN RUNNIN
HEY
CRAZY
IF THIS IS THE END
NOBODY SAID IT WAS EASY
CHEYENNE
SHED A TEAR GOODBYE
SEND HER MY LOVE
GIN & TONIC SKY
I'LL BE WAITING
HIGHER
SEPERATE WAYS
The encore was of course FUNKY Medley

Jeff, Gary, Howie & Dave all played and performed brilliantly.
There was such a sense of fun about the occasion and there was great crowd interaction - start to finish. I / the crowd certainly had much more fun at this gig then when Jeff sang with Journey. It was one of those gigs that you never want to end, and if They played all of the tunes that Jeff has ever sang on then we'd still all be there
now, feet tappin and hands clappin. All of the band members have a great chemistry between them and gig time is definately time for fun and good times.
JSS's voice seemed effortless throughout the gig but there too were plenty of vocal contributions from Gary and Howie. I can really remember just lookin around at the crowd and seein loads of smiling faces who were really enjoying this top show.
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov   JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:33 pm

Here are my pics from the Dudley show....

http://www.martymoffatt.com/jssb2007dudley

Marty
Back to top Go down
http://www.martymoffatt.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov   JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JSSB - Dudley 26th Nov
Page 1 of 1