Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Empty
PostSubject: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman R2R_1

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Banner-clouds3

When guitarist Lars Chriss (Lion’s Share) and bassist Sampo Axelsson (Lion’s Share, Glenn Hughes) started working together in Lion’s Share in the year 2005, some of the ideas they came up with, didn’t fit the Heavy Metal style LS was going after for the new album.

Since the stuff they wrote was way to good to just be scrapped, Sampo came up with the idea of doing a full album worth of songs in the style of classic Hardrock bands like Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath etc. These were bands that both Chriss and Axelsson grew up listening to, so it felt very natural to do this as a tribute or celebration to what got them picking up an instrument in the first place.

When the music for all songs were written, Thomas Broman (Humanimal, Electric Boys, Glenn Hughes, Audiovision, Hughes Turner Project, John Norum etc.), was approached to put down the real drums for the album. After the basic tracks were recorded in Chriss’ and Axelsson’s studio in August 2006, the guys got in contact with Matti Alfonzetti (Talisman, Skintrade, Jagged Edge, Alfonzetti), with an offer to join the group and to help finish writing the songs. Alfonzetti recorded his vocal parts at his studio and the album was mixed during Summer 2007.

Road To Ruin transports the Classic Rock of the 70’s and early 80’s into our time. Their sound is fresh, exciting and offers skilled musicanship which truly stands out with a top notch production added. The guitar playing clearly reflects Chriss’ passion for the band Black Sabbath and adds an unpredictable groove to the album. “Road To Ruin” is a debut album that shouldn’t be missed by any fan of the classic hard rock genre!

Members:
Lars Chriss - Axe Master
Sampo Axelsson - Bass Master
Thomas Broman - Drums Master myspace page
Matti Alfonzetti - Singer

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman M_db0915c53920c29fca0eb4eafb7d3159
On their Road To Ruin 's myspace page you can hear a couple of tracks from the album RIIR.
Track List:
01 Only the One (Terrific)
02 Pale Rider
03 Face of an Angel
04 Pleasure and Pain
05 For your Soul
06 Walk the Line
07 Thorn in my Side
08 Crawling
09 Until I See the Sun

Official Website
Back to top Go down
http://www.marceljacob.com/
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:55 am

This is for me!Very Happy I'll check for the CD asap!Cool
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

The record is very good, there is no bad song, ok but the best is "The only 1", great guitar work, sometimes you can fell that the music is a little slow but is not a grunge or something like Black Sabbath. I listen it twice in a row without any problem.
Personne wrote:
This is for me!Very Happy I'll check for the CD asap!Cool
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 am

Cd available fall 2007!Cool
Back to top Go down
satrianivzla
Vampire
satrianivzla

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Yes I have the chance to hear a promo with all the tracks and I can say that really I like it a lot.
Maybe a little short - just 9 tracks but you can easily hear it twice in a row.
They sound very melodic, good voice, great guitars and very good songs. I guess that is the most melodic thing done by any ex Talisman member besides J.
I really hope that they get a great promotional support over seas and finnaly: any Talisman fan should be listen this 1 with eyes closed.
And of course you can hear 2 full tracks on their myspace page and for my taste their best song is The Only One.
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:54 pm

The Only One - Aerial keys to open a catchy song which reminds me of old Europe who meet Purple. Class my friend, yes very class! Wink
Back to top Go down
Eden
Fan

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 5:51 am

I have heard few of those songs on a radio and I liked them a lot! Hopefully I can get the cd soon Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/EdeAOR
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman   Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Road To Ruin - Matti Alfonzetti and Thomas Broman
Page 1 of 1