Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Share | 

How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lea
Fan

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:28 pm

... any of you people on MySpace, delete Journey!

If you're really pissed off at what they've done to Jeff, then if you delete them from your friends list they will notice the amount of friends they have depleting, and hopefully it might give them an idea of how many fans they've lost through their recent actions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikkib703

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:53 pm

Heading there now to do just that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lep4life
Fan

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:08 am

Just did it myself!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:11 am

Whilst I applaud your intentions, I doubt this will have much effect. Journey’s MySpace has over 134,000 friends listed. Despite all the thousands of posts on various forums in the past couple of days criticising Journey I would guess there are some 500 people maximum across all these forums who are even aware the Jeff has gone. Of those 500, maybe half have MySpace accounts and if every one of them took Journey off their friends list it wouldn’t even make a dent in the total figure.

The vast majority of that 134,000 probably don’t even realise that Steve Perry is no longer with them.

Also, the Journey MySpace is only partly maintained by anybody directly connected to Journey (and ironically it was Jeff who instigated that). The bulk of the site is maintained as a corporate presence by Sony purely as a means of shifting the classic Journey albums (Journey are no longer with Sony but they own the rights to the old recordings). You will notice that the majority of ‘friends’ on the front page are actually other Sony artists. It’s quite cynical really, and there was a tug of war a few months ago between Journey the band and Sony the record company over who should update the MySpace site – I think the record company won out, subject to a few compromises.

Marty
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.martymoffatt.com
giosi
Loyal Fan

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:04 am

Hi Marty,

I think some of that info should come in handy to some of us who don't really know the "inside". I just hope people's intentions are at least felt in some way by the person who matters here anyway... JEFF.

Giosi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
Lea
Fan

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:10 am

Hi Marty,

I know it probably wouldn't make any difference at all but I wanted to do it out of principal lol. To be honest when I've looked at their MySpace page today their no. of friends has still gone up, but I know a fair few on the MR board wanted to do it out of principal too.

Made me feel a bit better anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartyMoffatt
Fan

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:15 am

giosi wrote:

I just hope people's intentions are at least felt in some way by the person who matters here anyway... JEFF.

Giosi

I agree. But instead of simply removing Journey from friends lists (which would probably go unnoticed), a more effective approach would perhaps be some form of bulletin campaign via MySpace. I have seen a few already on this but if enough of them appeared at once (from multiple sources) it certainly would draw attention to a particular issue.

I'm not suggesting that you do that of course. I'm just speaking hypothetically that a positive action would be more effective than a negative action.

Marty
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.martymoffatt.com
lep4life
Fan

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:41 am

I just removed them because they disgust me. If they don't care about one of their own members why would I assume they care about their fans? I like your bulletin idea, but I really don't want to give them any additional publicity. Now JSS bulletins...THAT would be a different story!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lep4life
Nath
Admin

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:44 am

I removed them too and I've posted the "I am with Jeff" bulletin. Hope everybody will do the same!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
Personne
Westerner

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:00 pm

Delete Selected also!!!!!Mad

Sony/Columbia or not behind the profile, what they have done to Jeff for becoming a tribute band, makes me sick!pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://western.movies.free.fr/
Alessandra1

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:07 pm

Thanks Nath for your support! Glad to read you appreciate my idea... I AM WITH JEFF!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan

Number of posts : 706

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:52 am

I deleted them a couple of days ago, they DISGUST me as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Sam

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:24 pm

They are gone from my list also Smile

S..x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamieborger.com
Lea
Fan

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Nath wrote:
I removed them too and I've posted the "I am with Jeff" bulletin. Hope everybody will do the same!

I have posted it whenever you have also Smile

By the way Nath, I will send you a text message tomorrow to make sure I can actually send messages to a French number, then obviously if it doesn't work I'll still be able to let you know before we leave for Paris. If it does work I'll contact you (or you can contact me if you want, I have an awful memory!) on tuesday and we'll sort out a place to meet flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nath
Admin

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:15 am

Lea wrote:
Nath wrote:

I have posted it whenever you have also Smile

By the way Nath, I will send you a text message tomorrow to make sure I can actually send messages to a French number, then obviously if it doesn't work I'll still be able to let you know before we leave for Paris. If it does work I'll contact you (or you can contact me if you want, I have an awful memory!) on tuesday and we'll sort out a place to meet flower

Ok Lea, I'm waiting for your text (hoping it works LOL). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com
uncle heFTy
Tour Manager

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:24 am

Rather than show Journey how p*ssed off you are, its better to get all your friends and acquaintances switched on to JSS and his music.

What has happened has happened, they will reap their rewards.

Our task now is to make sure that Jeff gets the recognition that he so richly derserves.

My abiding memory of the boy will be coming off stage (before the encore) at SRF when I was so proud of what he had done, where he had been and the manner in which he had conducted himself that I really did feel like a surrogate father.

Uncle H
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shanat
Fan

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:10 am

I'm with you Uncle Hefty,
Is the best we can do... it's a stupidity wasting our strength insulting Journey... Hope we can help Jeff to have the recognition he deserves! I love you

Shanat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shanatbcn
Personne
Westerner

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:25 am

I've removed Neal, Jokain and Ross from my friends in myspace!Evil or Very Mad

This afternoon, I'm going to see what I can burn with journey on it!!!scratch
Back to top Go down
giosi
Loyal Fan

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:39 am

Uncle Hefty is right. We are wasting our precious time giving Journey too much "publicity" by continuously talking about them! Let's let them wither away by forgetting them altogether..that's what will really hurt them...people who were fans dropping them like they did Jeff. Mad
As for Jeff, he has always had our support and recognition...as I always say; his true fans remain loyal.

Giosi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
Personne
Westerner

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:58 am

It's hard to forget! They surely betrayed Jeff but also all the fans who wanted so much an album of Journey with Jeff, he deserve it so much! I was one of those fan.Neutral

The waste is total for me!No
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:02 am

I also deleted Journey from my myspace page and knew it wouldn't really have any effect. Marty is exactly right about the numbers. They have enough fans that it won't make a big dent in their numbers. This may get the ball rolling and could ultimately end with their demise.
It's kind of like how I am no longer a Criss Angel fan (for reasons I won't go into here) and I told another ex fan, "Don't worry, for ever fan that leaves there will be a whole new crop of 12 year olds to replace us".
Journey has pissed off a lot of fans and it may have an impact on their wallets in the long run but we should focus our attentions on Jeff and turning people on to his music. I've been doing that for the past 5 years. I joked with Jeff last November at the meet and greet that I was soley responsible for anyone in America knowing about him. Meaning that I have been telling anyone I run into about him and turning them on to his music. I wasn't being arrogant and he knew what I meant. I'm going to keep doing just that.
I'm looking at all this as a positive experience for Jeff. Because he was in Journey he's gained tons of new fans that didn't know about him before. He was virtually unknown in America until Journey. Let's keep doing what we can to make him more well known and help make him realize his dream of becoming a household name.
Teri

Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:40 am

I was one of those people that didn't know about Jeff before he was w/ Journey, sad but true Crying or Very sad I can't understand why I didn't know about this amazing, talented man before! He blew me away the moment he started singing. My best friend STILL laughs at me, I just stood there w/ my mouth open, in complete awe of this man and I had no idea who he was! Next month will be the first year anniversay of the night my life changed forever, I saw Jeff perform for the first time and I've not been the same since. July 22nd, a night I will always remember! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:27 pm

I know how you feel, Sherrie. It was 5 years ago that I saw Jeff for the first time and not only was I impressed with his singing and stage presence but also his personality. I got to hang out with him for a little while and he's a very down to earth person. I didn't have any idea who he was at the time. I immediately came home to find out all about him.
Teri

Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Kim
Fan

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 am

Thanks for the info Marty..

It still makes me feel better to delete myself from thier MYSPACE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:01 pm

MsMercury wrote:
I know how you feel, Sherrie. It was 5 years ago that I saw Jeff for the first time and not only was I impressed with his singing and stage presence but also his personality. I got to hang out with him for a little while and he's a very down to earth person. I didn't have any idea who he was at the time. I immediately came home to find out all about him.
Teri

So did I, I looked him up online as soon as I got home. I probably drove everyone crazy in the car, on the way home, talking about "that singer for Journey" Now, all I have to do is say "Jeff" and everyone knows who I'm talking about geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...   

Back to top Go down

How to get them to realise how p*d off we are...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jeff Scott Soto Forum :: JEFF SCOTT SOTO :: General-
Jump to: