Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Oh crap - I'm sick!

Go down 
+4
MsMercury
fourt9rkim
Ratgirl
Personne
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Oh crap - I'm sick! Empty
PostSubject: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:38 am

Hey everyone..

My son has strep - got him meds on Saturday. But now, I'm feeling like ass - and I have to interpret a show this weekend (Grapes of Wrath).. nice and light huh?

Send some positive vibes my way that I won't pass out during the show!!
I had to interpret another show when I had pnemonia! That was fun - I was signing - but I was on so many meds - I have no idea if I made sense. My team said I did - but he coudl have just been being NICE! Wink
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 am

Take care of you Kimterp and if you can take some rest, do it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Ratgirl
Fan
Ratgirl

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 4:18 am

Hope you feel better soon Kim.
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 4:58 am

Hope you are feeling better today, Kim!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:30 am

I must say - thank God I dropped out of the benefit I was singing in. I was singing the score from Pirates of Penzance. Now , if you know that muscial - its tough! And I didn't have a lot of time to prepare because of the show I'm interpreting.
but because I'm sick.. my voice is a croak right now! I can't sing at all - oye
have I bitched and whined enough - good thing you guys love me.. right???? lol!
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:43 am

We do love you and hope you get better soon! Everyone at my work is getting sick. Over and over again! Ugh! I was sick with a cold for 3 weeks and I don't want to get sick again.
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
Nath
Admin
Nath

Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Honey, I hope you'll get well soon! Take care of yourself! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://jeffscottsoto.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Yipes Strep throat! Crying or Very sad
I have meds so hopefully they will kick in before my show saturday!
Back to top Go down
rockgirl
Loyal Fan
rockgirl

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Get well soon Kim!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockgirl777
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 6:42 pm

Meds are always fun Wink Razz
GET BETTER! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 pm

Kimterp wrote:
Yipes Strep throat! Crying or Very sad
I have meds so hopefully they will kick in before my show saturday!

Ugh, hope they aren't the kind that make you feel even worse. I had to take 2 kinds of antibiotics last month that made me EXTREMELY sick! No

I feel for you, I just got over yet another sinus infection. Get well soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Update !! (because well I'm bored)

I've been on anti-biotics for 3 days.. feeling 'a tad' better.. but I can not BREATH out of my nose.. coughing.. shouldn't that be going away by now?

Well my show is tmw - and can't wait to see all the pissed people... Well I shouldn't say that - we get a mix. Sometimes when we are finished with a show we get a lot of people non-deaf telling us they enjoyed seeing the signing its beautiful etc. Then you get the other people that complain they want their money back cuz there were 2 people "flailing their arms around for the whole show and ruined the experience." Little do they know we are working our asses off because the play has 25 people in it and there are only 2 of us!

but i digress..
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 1:30 pm

Kimterp wrote:
Update !! (because well I'm bored)

I've been on anti-biotics for 3 days.. feeling 'a tad' better.. but I can not BREATH out of my nose.. coughing.. shouldn't that be going away by now?

Well my show is tmw - and can't wait to see all the pissed people... Well I shouldn't say that - we get a mix. Sometimes when we are finished with a show we get a lot of people non-deaf telling us they enjoyed seeing the signing its beautiful etc. Then you get the other people that complain they want their money back cuz there were 2 people "flailing their arms around for the whole show and ruined the experience." Little do they know we are working our asses off because the play has 25 people in it and there are only 2 of us!

but i digress..

Wow!
You definitely have your work cut out for you!
You're doing some AMAZING stuff and it's so cool to hear your experiences. It just fascinates me :]
Keep up the GREAT work and I hope the Strep clears up really soon!!
I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 am

The show is done! Did it yesterday - there was about 500 people there (give or take). We had 4 Deaf audience members. Sounds like a small number - but thats huge lol.
We only had 4 pissed people in the beginning move their seats cuz of us.
Typical but ok - the moved quietly and they show went on.

I had one episode where, because of my cold cough etc.., my throat closed and dried up. I had to cough but tried my ass off not to.
Its very difficult to 'cover' a cough while there is a spot light on you - so I tried and tried.. coughed a couple of times while my eyes watered and I was signing but I had no idea what exactly I was saying because of the sheer terror that I was going to keal over into a coughing fit.
Finally it passed. . phew . .

The end of the show very moving. After all was said and done and the cast came out to a standing ovation - they whole cast motioned to us and the audience got even louder. It was very sweet. Even though I almost dropped dead in the middle.

Thanks for all your support guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh crap - I'm sick!   Oh crap - I'm sick! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh crap - I'm sick!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jeff Scott Soto Forum :: OTHER SUBJECTS :: Other topics non related to JSS-
Jump to: