Jeff Scott Soto Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jeff Scott Soto Forum

Unofficial

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
REGISTER TO THE JSS STREET TEAM: jss_street_team@jeffscottsoto.com

Jeff's vocal range

Go down 
+9
fourt9rkim
Kim
ukjrnyluva
FLJrnyGirl
victoria
MsMercury
Lea
Personne
*~Sherrie~*
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 8:26 am

I'm sure many of you have heard some of the Journey fans say that Jeff can't hit those high notes in the Journey songs. We all know this is not true! I would love to throw this little video in their faces and say, "hey, what's this?" But, since I'm a sweet little girl, I won't tongue Jeff most certainly DOES hit those high notes and here is proof Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOFyUe642c
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nascargirl76
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:51 am

5/5 lol!
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
Lea
Fan
Lea

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Wooooo!

Tis only 2 and a half weeks til I get to see the man in person! cheers
Back to top Go down

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm

I've recently seen an old video from the 80's with Jeff singing "I am a viking" I'm surprised he can still sing after that. I dont know HOW any of those guys can still sing with the screaming they did. It sounded good - I mean CLASSIC 80's.. but ouch! Wonder if that produced any nodes on his vocal chords.. I got ONE once .. scary for a singer.
Back to top Go down
MsMercury
Admin
MsMercury

Number of posts : 336

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 am

Actually Jeff did have surgery to remove nodules from his vocal cords a few years ago. I think it was from all those years of singing with the Boogie Knights for 5 nights a week.
Teri
Back to top Go down
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffscottsotofans
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:14 pm

MsMercury wrote:
Actually Jeff did have surgery to remove nodules from his vocal cords a few years ago. I think it was from all those years of singing with the Boogie Knights for 5 nights a week.
Teri

I remember reading something about that a while back. I'm glad everything went well and that he's still singing.
Back to top Go down
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Number of posts : 425

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:34 pm

MsMercury wrote:
Teri
Ohhhh man.
What a SCARY procedure!
ESPECIALLY for a singer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hidingbehindmysmile
FLJrnyGirl

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:45 am

Jeff can certainly hit those high notes!

At the HOB show, he freakin' nailed the high part during Neal's solo on "Wheel in the Sky."
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 10:02 am

Yes, our Jeff can hit those high notes, he's amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ukjrnyluva

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm

bounce bounce Geez i am so looking forward to hearing Jeff live Very Happy
jo
Back to top Go down
Kim
Fan
Kim

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:34 am

When I saw Jeff in Sept, I don't think he had a problem hitting any of the notes! Sounded great too me!
Back to top Go down
fourt9rkim
Rising Force
fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:50 am

Jeff nailed everything at the Fresno show, too. I don't remember cringing one time....I cringe just hearing Augeri on my Launch player. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:16 pm

fourt9rkim wrote:
Jeff nailed everything at the Fresno show, too. I don't remember cringing one time....I cringe just hearing Augeri on my Launch player. Laughing

WOOOO!
Talk about blunt Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 am

Yes, Jeff nailed every single high note both times I saw him w/ Journey last year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JSS
Rock Star
JSS

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:33 am

Sometimes there are off nights but as long as I stay healthy on the road, the notes come pretty natural...hell, Perry's range was also mine naturally from the age of 16-35, things went a little south after the nodules surgery but the range eventually climbed up to the point of where I need it to be now. The things that are problems for sure now are the last notes of 'Something To Hide' (Infinity), the highs on 'Lay It Down' (Escape) or Bohemian Rhapsody, the end note at the tail of the opera section...those were pretty damn easy back in the day, all you gotta do is listen to the Yngwie or Eyes albums where I was soaring those in full voice....ahh, youth!
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:37 am

JSS wrote:
Sometimes there are off nights but as long as I stay healthy on the road, the notes come pretty natural...hell, Perry's range was also mine naturally from the age of 16-35, things went a little south after the nodules surgery but the range eventually climbed up to the point of where I need it to be now. The things that are problems for sure now are the last notes of 'Something To Hide' (Infinity), the highs on 'Lay It Down' (Escape) or Bohemian Rhapsody, the end note at the tail of the opera section...those were pretty damn easy back in the day, all you gotta do is listen to the Yngwie or Eyes albums where I was soaring those in full voice....ahh, youth!

You can hit some pretty high notes. There are ones I've heard you hit and I have to say "Damn". You always sound great. You've got the most amazing voice I've ever heard. Who are you kidding, you are still young tongue

By the way, you do a killer cover of Bohemian Rhapsody!
Back to top Go down
Personne
Westerner
Personne

Number of posts : 1455

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:48 pm

JSS wrote:

I will hear that vocal range performing in Glasgow!Cool And furthermore in Journey!!!Shocked Can't wait!bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://western.movies.free.fr/
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Personne wrote:
JSS wrote:

I will hear that vocal range performing in Glasgow!Cool And furthermore in Journey!!!Shocked Can't wait!bounce bounce bounce

OHH MAN! Are you in for a TREAT!
I can't wait to read everyone's little Journey blogs after they attend the show!
Very Happy

GAHH!
EVERYONE STOP SAYING THEIR OLLLLD!
Honestlyyyy.
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am

victoria wrote:
Personne wrote:
JSS wrote:

OHH MAN! Are you in for a TREAT!
I can't wait to read everyone's little Journey blogs after they attend the show!
Very Happy

GAHH!
Honestlyyyy.

Why do I get the feeling I was one of the people you had in mind when you said the comment about people saying they're old? lol!

Yes, you are in for a treat, Journey has NEVER sounded so good! It's a new and improved Journey and I love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockgirl
Loyal Fan
rockgirl

Number of posts : 162

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Quote :
GAHH!
Honestlyyyy

That's coming from the youngster in the group!!! Razz lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockgirl777
victoria
Talisman
victoria

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 1:25 pm

*~Sherrie~* wrote:

Why do I get the feeling I was one of the people you had in mind when you said the comment about people saying they're old? lol!

rockgirl wrote:
Quote :
GAHH!
Honestlyyyy

HEY HEY HEYYYY NOW!
I never insinuated that I was talking about YOUUU Sherrie!
Razz Razz Razz
Alright alright ya caught me, buuuut it wasn't ONLY you!
Don't use that young age card on MEEEE Kathy!
HAH!
But serrriously, NONE OF YOU ARE OLDDDD!
I've heard quite a few people on this board talk about being old and lacking youth and blah blah blah, and I just WON'T allow it.
tongue
Especially from Mr. Soto!!
HAHA
Soooo all of you guys cut that out or I'll have to call my trusty JSS Mafia to come and raise some hell on ya Wink

HAHAHA
I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
*~Sherrie~*
Superfan
*~Sherrie~*

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:18 pm

victoria wrote:
*~Sherrie~* wrote:

rockgirl wrote:
Quote :
GAHH!
Honestlyyyy

HEY HEY HEYYYY NOW!
I never insinuated that I was talking about YOUUU Sherrie!
Razz Razz Razz
Alright alright ya caught me, buuuut it wasn't ONLY you!
Don't use that young age card on MEEEE Kathy!
HAH!
But serrriously, NONE OF YOU ARE OLDDDD!
I've heard quite a few people on this board talk about being old and lacking youth and blah blah blah, and I just WON'T allow it.
tongue
Especially from Mr. Soto!!
HAHA
Soooo all of you guys cut that out or I'll have to call my trusty JSS Mafia to come and raise some hell on ya Wink

HAHAHA
I love you I love you I love you

You can't call on me to kick my own butt lol! I knew you were thinking of me when you made that comment, I know you well Miss Victoria tongue Maybe I'm not technically considered old but some days I sure feel it Rolling Eyes

Anyway, to stay on topic...lol..Jeff's vocal range is right on the mark and anyone who doesn't agree is either deaf or dumb..possibly both scratch

Blunt enough for ya? Very Happy

Last edited by on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
giosi
Loyal Fan
giosi

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

I agree!!! Anyone who cannot understand what true talent is or hear that amazing voice range is either not listening, can't quite hear or just has no ability to tell the difference ! I heard some comments at one of the Florida shows I went to ...and believe me I told the guy sitting beside me exactly WHY JSS is where he is today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
KillerKing

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:56 pm

giosi wrote:

I agree!!! Anyone who cannot understand what true talent is or hear that amazing voice range is either not listening, can't quite hear or just has no ability to tell the difference ! I heard some comments at one of the Florida shows I went to ...and believe me I told the guy sitting beside me exactly WHY JSS is where he is today!

its pisses me off when people insult jss just because their favorite singer isnt fronting journey anymore. its ridiculous....... the man is talented. everyone knows it. they are just too blinded by their disappointment to admit it
Back to top Go down
giosi
Loyal Fan
giosi

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 2:30 pm

That is why this place exists for fans like us who KNOW talent when we hear it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bellascript
Sponsored content

Jeff's vocal range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff's vocal range   Jeff's vocal range Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff's vocal range
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jeff Scott Soto Forum :: JEFF SCOTT SOTO :: General-
Jump to: